It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ulcerative Colitis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
My mum has Ulcerative Colitis and I was wondering if anyone has had it and got rid of it.

She is trying all sorts of methods to get rid of it as she isn't too keen on having a colostomy.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Help your mum to find out as much information as she can. The more she knows, the better she'll be able to make her decisions.

See this link for one alternative case study.

www.marar.co.uk...

I'm sure you will find more if you search. If you need any help, u2u.

Please tell her colostomies are not as bad as they seem. My friends 17 yr old son's life improved for the better when he had his done, and he copes very well with it.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
MY wife was told she had crones about 5 years ago. she just kept getting worse. She changed dr's and he ran a special blood test(only 1 lab in the US does it) and found out its not crones but the ulcerative colitis.

The two are frequently misdigonosed(sp) the meds she was on made it worse.New meds seem to be doing better. Dr did warn her about her eyes. They swell up 3 to 4 mornings a week. He said that if they were really blood shot to get help right away.the colitis can cause blindness.

There are a lot of different meds the dr. can try before the worse case senerio(sp)(bag)if this happens at least the pain will go away. I would recomend asking for 2nd opinion or the blood test to make sure it is the right problem. like i said my wife had both scopes 2x a year, dr was sure it was crones, new doc ran test found out it wasnt, and got her off the med's that was making it worse.

I do hope things go well for your mum and it gets taken care of quickly and painlessly.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I have chrones and a family friend has ulcerative colitis. To this point their is not "cure" for either. They are like diabetes, you can try to control and live with it, but they can't be cured. Colostomies may (probably not) not resolve the problem. Of course, like anything, you need to know exactly what you have before you can treat it. I am sorry to hear about you people having this problems, I know first hand how much they suck and how bad the pain can be. One thing I can tell you for certain, diet can make a very big difference for these problems. My chrones is very bad and I can not have fiber-no fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts, beans (cooked or not the fiber doesn�t break down). I have personally noticed that spicy things trend to makes things worse. I have also found that detoxing your body helps some. Go to a good health food store and tell them you want to detoxify your blood (you see the nature of these diseases can allow �toxins� to leak back into your bold system). That all said, don�t completely rely on your doctor for information. There are many sites and organizations to help and support you and your family-these diseases can be very hard on the rest of the family. Best of luck, and if I can help you in anyway, please feel free to u2u me, I will do everything I can for you.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
first post on ATS, been coming here to read for a very long time now, ever since I had a computer haha. I'm 21 years old I was diagnosed with UC when i was 13. I have had probably 4 flare ups including the one i'm experiencing now. last friday I started on a diet of mostly organic food and drinking lots of water only. I take a medication called Colazal which is an inflammatory drug , i eat fruit smoothies , 3000+ MG vitamin c, probiotic yogurt in my smoothie with taking 2 probiotic pills. i avoid meat as much as possible but i like tuna for lunch with a salad. well i started at at 190 LBs and today I'm at 185 LBs which is good, but i'm experiencing symptoms, all of them really, and the pain is very bad in my lower abdomen when I NEED to use the bathroom. it doesnt last but 20 secs then the pain goes away competely. I'm curious if my body is eliminating a ton of toxins because my whole life growing up as a kid consisted of what americans call food, the doritos and such. could this be why i'm experiencing high levels of symptoms the last few days? any advice to help get me back into remission would be SO appreciated. I hope what i'm going through is apart of the process of getting healthy by what I eat/drink. I have aloe vera juice a full bottle i'm going to incorporate, which I did today, and omega 3 fatty acids. please someone help with remedies

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I've spent the last 2-3 years trying to figure out what was wrong with my stomach. Had countless bloodtests, xrays, cat scans, mri's, colonoscopy. Went to the hospital for unbearable stomach pain a few days ago and they found UC. Still have to read up on it, doesn't sound good :/

join