It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S trying to censor al-jazeera news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
in truly big brother style the bush administration it seems is trying to censor al-jazeera through the qatar government.

CIA chief george tennet has paid a not so secret visit to qatar to deliver a letter to the qatar foreign minister.

according to sources the letter contained one paragraph concerned with what the us described as incitement by the qatar based al-jazeera against the occupation of iraq, incitement which the us believes is the cause for all the violence in iraq at this present time.

full story

www.prisonplanet.com...

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
have to say the us is acting really weird lately even more so than usual

do they really believe that al-jazeera is responsible for the violence in iraq
if its true then god we are all in trouble

so i suppose killing forty people at a wedding might not have something to do with it, they are insane.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a nice couple of good aimed amraam's will do the job much better !
al-jazeera is a part of bin laden's propaganda strategy so it have the label ENEMY.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Wierd?......Al jazeera has been known to have given the first videos unedited which could be giving information to terrorists worldwide on when to attack a place..... Its not wierd, is logical to censor such a newwspaper... You prefer if AL Jazeera helped terrorists commit more attacks?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
And freedom of press and speech are something that shouldn't exist then I guess.

It doesn't matter if a press agency, newspaper or tv station publishes controversial or negative information. The freedom of speech and press are rights that america even has in its constitution.

Its already bad enough that the US media is such a biased propaganda machine for the money and politics in the US.

cma

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Al Jeezara is a usually-factual news source. Since the governemnt usually penetrates sources, making them widespread and false, they would want to hide various things and take this one.
sure buggs me. Atleast we have this site, many have been shut down by the gov..

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Al Jazeera is about as factual as Fox News. Take them with a grain of salt and believe only half of what you see.

cma

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corgidancer
Al Jazeera is about as factual as Fox News. Take them with a grain of salt and believe only half of what you see.

Although Al Jazeera is not my top choice (although local news (for their area) is good). Fox, CNN, APP... they are all horrible. I like Reuters, a mag. called The Economist, and BBC. Anyhow, I slightly disagree, and I am not a person affected by news bias or I sure as heck don't read it!

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I do keep an eye on the Al Jazeera website so that I know how they are thinking. I am just very wary of loud and flashy journalism. But at least Fox and Al Jazeera are up front about where they are coming from.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
You would have to be the stupidest person on the planet to actually believe what Al jazeera publishes most of the time. If a news agency helps pass information to terrorists that will take the lives of people, hell yeah it should be censored. The same goes for any news agency that publishes critical/sensitive data that affects national security.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
People forget that the BBC owns Al jazeera. So what appear on AJ usually ends up on the BBC.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britman
People forget that the BBC owns Al jazeera. So what appear on AJ usually ends up on the BBC.

Heh? Didn't know that one. As with all news Al-jazeera will be biased, in this case from the Arab point of view. They are of course critical of the increasingly unwelcome occupation in Iraq, and thus will be an enemy of the administration 9they try and hide as many facts about the war as possible) Along with the propaghanda as least there may be more truths about the war, at a different spin to U.S media.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Isn't Al-Jazeera a state run media by the Qatari govt? I didn't know they had connections to the BBC. Either way, it is questionable how Al-Jazeera is always the first to access Bin Laden tapes and such. Censorship isn't right in any form, but Al-Jazeera is just doing it's job, reporting for the arab perspective.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
IMHO, its really incredible to blame a news network for what's happening in iraq...
Someone said that they sould be censored because they give vital information to terrorist...MAYBE THEY SHOULD CENSOR THE INTERNET AND ALL NEWS NETWORKS (didnt saddam use to see CNN, close it).....
Freedom of speech and press, does it exist on the US!?! and know US is tryng to force qatar to censor al-jazeera for it's "�double standard� that he said was practiced by Qatar�........thats call DEMOCRACY...i think the US forget what that really means.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Al-jazeera ..CNN, Im confused ..Propaganda by any other name is still propaganda ..

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
it is obvious here that most people consider this war as kinda computergame !
they forget that soldiers were K.I.A. because the enemy got data from broadcasts made by reporters not thinking the strategic way !
and to call al jazeera a kinda super honest arab point of view to the world
is less than just anything.
the arab propaganda can not be compared to the USA propaganda !
right of information and all the other excuses...for what ? helping the enemy killing more USA soldiers by giving it all away on a digitale plate ?
how many western reporters dare to keep their materials ON HOLD till the action is over ? most of them are looking for the scoop and nothing more.
if bin laden can hand over a tape to al jazeera than al jazeera can hand over to bin laden valuabe strategic information too !
never been thinking of, for example, the F-15's departing from saudi air bases that arab spies were telling the enemy when they departed,what bombload they had... ?
why do you think on open days for army,navy,marines and usaf are
some arab types taking weaponry in close up on their photographs,videotape or film ??

forgotten "lord haw-haw" and "tokio rose" already ?
propaganda is a mighty but very dirty weapon !

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
NOGODS:

if bin laden can hand over a tape to al jazeera than al jazeera can hand over to bin laden valuabe strategic information too !
never been thinking of, for example, the F-15's departing from saudi air bases that arab spies were telling the enemy when they departed,what bombload they had... ?
why do you think on open days for army,navy,marines and usaf are
some arab types taking weaponry in close up on their photographs,videotape or film "

It's been a while since I read such a paranoid mess. Al Jazeera is going to help bin Laden? Why, because all Arabs are evil killbots that want to cut you and rape your women?

F15's leaving Saudi bases being reported by Arab spies to their governments? And this is somehow Al Jazeera's fault? And Arab TV stations taking pictures of Army weapons on "open days"?

Whoa.

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I dobt bin ladin is with al jaeera. Look at the roots of both of them. Besides, Bin Ladin may still be with the CIA.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
do you forget bin laden and the gang around him do have cell phones,lap top computers and sat dish tv ??
do you forget most of the ones helping bin laden have been trained in the USA ?

if you underestimate your enemy...

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexipaul
have to say the us is acting really weird lately even more so than usual

do they really believe that al-jazeera is responsible for the violence in iraq
if its true then god we are all in trouble

so i suppose killing forty people at a wedding might not have something to do with it, they are insane.

No we don't. However the Bush admin cannot point the fingure at themselves they cannot fathom that they are wrong and continue to be wrong. I absolutley belive the arab news contributes to more terror however the violence and killing of of Americans in Iraq began here...

www.pbs.org...

top topics

join