It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi.. How???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I just sit and wonder how she keeps getting voted in again and again in California. What is it she does for her constituents that keep them voting for her? I honestly would love to know. I know it is a short question, but, I don't think it really even needs a long answer. The only thing I can figure is that Californians are so used to bizarro land she seems normal

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The name you know! That's it.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
The name you know! That's it.

Doesn't that make you wanna cry...

If I ever have kids.... I would never name them Nancy for the sole fact of who pelosi is... nope not enough respect to capitilize her last name.

She's in her sixties right... she doesn't have much time left... no.... she'll probably find a way to stop aging.

It makes me worry, that if something happens to Obama, then Biden..... IT takes over..... god help us!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
California districts are so gerrymandered it's impossible to defeat a candidate there. One of the only good things Schwartzy there wanted to do was fairly redistrict, but that was defeated. It's just crazy. Glad I'm outta there.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
60's is young in the senate, remember Strom Thurman. I think he was 135 when he finally died (he actually was 100 while in office)

[edit on 12/25/2009 by llpoolej]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I asked my father this question to my father. His answer was she basically does what she has to do for he district, which is in CA, to keep voting her in. She fake as hell, not surprised if she did quite a few stupid human tricks come election time,

Edit: great answer from Mountainmeg

[edit on 25-12-2009 by mosesgunner]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by llpoolej

Actually, she has a blackmail thing going on with another female senator. It was exposed but quickly covered up. So she will be in office forever and get whatever she wants so she doesn't expose this other persons wrongdoing. I wish I could remember the other womans name, it was a pretty wrong thing she was doing too. Damn, my memory is failing me.

www.economicpolicyjournal.com...

I think this is part of it, they never give the womans name though.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

The name of the Democrat can be found here.
www.rumormillnews.com...

And here:
www.freerepublic.com...

I am not stating that any of this is true. It could just be a smear campaign. But it does highlight why infidelity & homosexuality are not compatible with the military. Blackmail is a real danger that is too often ignored in the ongoing debate about gays & the military.

Edited to clarify that openly gay politicians are not likely to suffer from threats of blackmail as often, but it could still happen if one is in a committed relationship. Remember; "All's fair in Love & War!"

[edit on 12/25/2009 by Sparky63]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Pelosi is from California's 8th congressional district. In otherwords, her district covers most of San Francisco county. Just the southwest portion of San Francisco is outside that district. This is a very tiny part of California and is not representative of the state. You'd be surprised that much of the state has nothing in common with this minority portion.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I knew San Fran was in her district, but, again, what is she doing for the constituents of San Fran that make her so loved to be elected time and again?

I just do not understand it. I know why I vote for my representatives and why I do not vote for others.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Look at Michele Bachmann. She is even nuttier than Pelosi and close to being insane, yet gets elected. I guess the combination of party line voting and the candidate saying what you want to hear will get a lot of nuts elected. It's not like most Americans actually pay attention. Most seem to get their information from radio talking heads or cable news.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej
I just sit and wonder how she keeps getting voted in again and again in California. What is it she does for her constituents that keep them voting for her? I honestly would love to know. I know it is a short question, but, I don't think it really even needs a long answer. The only thing I can figure is that Californians are so used to bizarro land she seems normal

No. You got it all wrong!
She signed that deal with the Devil.

....sign at the dotted line, please.

I really feel sory for people who support her. They must be brainwashed.
She reminds me of that Senator in the Black Sheep movie (with Chris Farley). The Senator who registered dead voters.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
Look at Michele Bachmann. She is even nuttier than Pelosi and close to being insane, yet gets elected. I guess the combination of party line voting and the candidate saying what you want to hear will get a lot of nuts elected. It's not like most Americans actually pay attention. Most seem to get their information from radio talking heads or cable news.

I live in Minnesota and in case you didn't know it, Michelle Bachman was an attorney FOR the IRS, so she knows exactly what is going on. I think it's great that she speaks her mind and is not afraid to confront anyone. Klobuchar on the other hand is a true Communist.

But Pelosi does not belong in government. All the money she has spent and the planes and special treatment she gets should wake up most people that something just ain't right there. And I believe that Cindy Sheehan's bid to run against her was messed with so she couldn't win. Otherwise Pelosi would definitly have been out.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm from California and I want corrupt Pelosi gone, gone, gone!

She's hated in California as much as elsewhere. She's one of the most destructive and evil politicians out there. No one I know thinks well of her. Obviously she knows how to game the system or the evil people who keep her in power (enemies of the US) know how to game the system.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So, is anyone of value going to run against Pelosi when the vote comes up? Or are people warned off? Seriously, if Californians don't like her, how is she getting elected time and again?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej
I just sit and wonder how she keeps getting voted in again and again in California.

California or San Francisco?

It should be noted that her district consists only of the San Francisco metropolitan area. She represents a city.

Why does the city keep voting her back into office (her last challenger was anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan). ? Probably due to the fact that she is spawned from a political family and can use that power to pass legislation that reflects her district's (city of San Francisco), interests.

Part of the reason that the House of Representatives has so many [ahem] colorful people in it's ranks (both liberal and conservative) is that the represent the ideologies of the microcosms of America that they represent. In some cases, that area is just a city itself.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

At least Bachman didn't vote for the bailouts.

join