It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Interrogation site?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
NOW what? Anyone hear of this? I just got home, and just saw it on cnn.com. Anyone have a scoop (better than cnn, of course)?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- As hundreds of detainees were released from Abu Ghraib prison outside Baghdad, a senior U.S. official Friday confirmed that a previously undisclosed U.S. military interrogation facility at or near Baghdad International Airport does indeed exist.

www.cnn.com...

Here a link to the story

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
OK so it exists - and ?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
According to NBC news it is supposedly a site run by Delta Force, and is located within the perimeter of Baghdad International. The story was about a Pentagon investigation into possible Iraqi prisoner abuse there. They claimed that the site was known as BIF or the Battlefield Interrogation Facility. They also said, "According to two top U.S. government sources, it is the scene of the most egregious violations of the Geneva Conventions in all of Iraq�s prisons. A place where the normal rules of interrogation don�t apply, Delta Force�s BIF only holds Iraqi insurgents and suspected terrorists � but not the most wanted among Saddam�s lieutenants pictured on the deck of cards."

You can read the MSNBC story here

IMO: Although NBC claims that this is worse than Abu-Ghriab, one must keep in mind, that the people dragged off to BIF are not your everyday suspects. Abu-Ghraib was generally for your average prisoner. BIF is for those individuals who have more serious ties to terrorist or indurgent forces.

Disclaimer: BIF did not officially exist or not exist until the story broke.

-Cypher

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by Cypher]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
and...comparred to how the saddam regime handled prisoners and didi nterogation they are handled now as..."pampered babies" !

i did not see people's burning feet till the bone on a hot fire,nor chopped off their fingers,hands,arms,feet nor pooked out eyes out of their socket with a spoon nor cut up bodies with a razorblade....

i think it is more than time to publish the torture the other side did during the saddam regime !
where was the text of the geneva convention during that periode ?

also...what about the stories people told after having been kept by terrorists in libanon and other dirty spots ?
not one mentioning i see on this forum about how bad they were handled !
completly unhygienic,toletwater to drink,arabs urinating in their face,everyday beaten up,space that heated up to over 30� in the day and freezing cold in the night....

new topics

top topics

join