It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dirt on Keno Air field

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Keno dirt

The dirt use to build the Keno Airfield was moved from a remote location. This never made much sense to me. This webpage documents the dirt hauling and shows where I believe they got the dirt.

Cedar gate for reference

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Just a wild guess but I'm thinking maybe the dirt they used had some sort of special composition to it that made it more suitable for the task at hand. It wouldn't surprise me as the Nevada desert terrain can be different from one footstep to the next.

I lived up off of Wagon wheel Drive in Henderson for a few years and rode my YZ490 all over the outlaying desert areas and there is different types of rock and dirt all over the place.There are some areas where you wouldn't want to fall off your bike since the rocks can be very sharp. Other places its very silty nasty dirt that just gets everywhere. much like quarrying any material you have to go to it since it wont come to you.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Candycab]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Hi Gariac,

You should know better than anyone. They were getting rid of some of the excavated rock from the underground cities/rail networks/alien holding ares.... :-)

Peace!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It's certainly possible that is special dirt, but the distance to reach it is pretty significant. And what was that black circle?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

very interesting pictures for sure. you would think in the vastness of sand in the desert they wouldnt need to travel so far for dirt unless there was a special reason...like trying to cover up whatever that large circle is/was. great find.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
when you are building anything like a runway or a roadway you have to be able to get a certain amount of compaction out of the soil you are using for the base of it. it could very well be that the soil in the area did not have the compaction they needed. the particles could have been to round to get the stability needed.

If the soild at the site had to much clay or silt in it they would have to bring in some with more sand and gravel content to it.

new topics

top topics

join