It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My point of view about H1N1 crisis in Quebec

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well, i'm working as a Paramedic in Gatineau Quebec just beside Ottawa.

Since the H1n1 flu begins, people get really crazy about it..... The first week that Quebec governement start to vaccinated people almos nobody want to take the shot... Not seriously tested by pharma companies, nobody really know the flu shots side effects.... Then one day, a Toronto news networks release a breaking news about a 14 years old kid that died from H1N1 in 48 hours. The boy have flu like symptoms but he really died from meningitis.

The next day, a lot of people rushed to shots center to get the A H1N1 vaccine. They refused to give the shot to many people, some place need to have the police to controls hangry crowd. The breaking news of people who died of H1n1 from local news source start to be announced on a dayli basis.... Media created this crisis in Quebec. At this time 250 persons died from H1N1 in Canada.... The seasonal flu kill more people than the Pandemic flu....

see the data here : www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

As a Paramedic, i'm in first line to see Pandemic flu calls.... As we speak, we have an increased numbers of call for flu like symptoms. More than 90% of them is the regular cold symptoms or normal asthma or COPD problems.... 9 % is most of the time not related to flu or respiratory problems symptoms. Only 1% of all ambulance call are diagnosed for H1N1..... So for the last 2 monts, only 5 or 6 calls where related to Pandemic flu..... No need to panic now....

I have access to the emergency response plans in case of Pandemic H1N1 flu spread wide and lots of people in Quebec gets sicks.... The only thing i could say, dont' get sick in Quebec, we are not ready for a MCI incident.....

I've had the flu shot for me and for my familly... But for now, i'm sleeping well, i'm not really concerns about this one. But if the virus mutate and become more agressive.... I d'ont want to see this!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
hello, as a medical doc, can you please tell how the H1N1 being diagnosed, other than just by the symptoms ?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

They have two kind of testing H1N1 virus in labs. One is called a PCR test and the other one i really don't know.

Info for PCR test is here :en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
For the last 2 weeks people have been lining up at vaccination centers for their shots here in Quebec. Well ever since they have been reporting ''swineflu related deaths'' that is, regardless if the victims had other health issues. Since the end of august they've constantly been making newspaper headlines with this story and endlessly talking about vaccination progress every evening on the news.

If i'm not mistaken they've reported a story about a elderly woman dying shortly after receiving the shot recently. Furthermore I've witness a work collegue being sent home to recover the day he received the shot because he was barely able to stand...He seriously wasn't himself that day, he was fine when I saw him a couple of days later but it shows how questionable the intergrity of that vaccine is.

As far as diagnosis process goes I feel its pretty sketchy. An aquaintance of mine when to the hospital, all she did was describe her symptoms and he diagnosed her with H1N1, prescribed some codeine and told her to rest.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Maybe most that really have it don't call the ambulance and just go to their family doctor. A lot of people that I know have had this in the past few weeks or have it now. It's worrying a bit. maybe it's not widespread as the OP says but when everyone around you starts saying they have been diagnosed with it, and are coughing it's no fun. They say they've had it a long time ago and look kinda sick. I wonder how long this lingers and if it can still be contagious after a few weeks.

My question to the OP: Can you tell us a bit about the plans QC is making? I've read in newspapers that they plan to close hotels in Montreal and turn them into care giving centers. is that their super contingency plan?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
if you really dont the other flu testing then your really not a real doctor sorry but i am not buying your story.

Doctors should know how to test for flus or parasites or any other health issues.

Your post cry's (Get the H1N1 Flu shot) and yet you act like a doctor, nice try i am not buying it.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
if you really dont the other flu testing then your really not a real doctor sorry but i am not buying your story.

Doctors should know how to test for flus or parasites or any other health issues.

Your post cry's (Get the H1N1 Flu shot) and yet you act like a doctor, nice try i am not buying it.

He never said he was a doctor responsible for testing. He said he was paramedic:

A paramedic is a medical professional, usually a member of the emergency medical services, who primarily provides pre-hospital advanced medical and trauma care. A paramedic is charged with providing emergency on-scene treatment, crisis intervention, life-saving stabilization and transport of ill or injured patients to definitive emergency medical and surgical treatment facilities, such as hospitals and trauma centers

It's very paranoid to think everyone is trying to push the vaccine.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valombre

They have two kind of testing H1N1 virus in labs. One is called a PCR test and the other one i really don't know.

Info for PCR test is here :en.wikipedia.org...

what a scam , developed by roche (tamiflu developers), this test is intended to test for hiv too, so i presume- anyone who test positive for swine flu will also test positive for hiv

anyways, when is the mandatory hiv testing ? that will be the greatest scare me thinks

i recon next year hiv then

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tedpi

I've seen the ambulance contingency plans, Depending on which phase the governement decide we are (There is 5 phase) the ambulance covering for every cities in quebec change. At one point, they use one medic and one student, firefighter.... to be in the truck, In critical phase, we only respond to emergency calls (Life threatening). For the contingency plans of the province, i know that they opens non traditional care sites (Flu clinics are an example) they could use arenas, Refregirated container in case of Mass casualties. They could also do a kind of triage to determined wich patient will get intubated and put on respirator. pretty freaky.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Well you could think what you want, however, there is what 6 or 7 severe reaction, one possibly died from the shot.... There is more reaction to people taking penicilin thant the flu shot.... At first I have concerns about the flu shot, now me, my wife and my kid received it.... Nobody dies, everybody feels well... So you can do what you think is the best, but my colleagues have seen people that fell sick with the H1N1 and it's really not nice to see..... I've take the best decision i could make, protect my familly!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The other one is a throat swab and a culture in labs. Taken much longer time than the PCR test....

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'm in Quebec and they pushed the vaccine here...a lot...

My friends and me are not taking it... and I talked to lots of people, most won't take it, the only ones who seems to take it are the know-it-all university type people, full of themselves who do nothing but watch TV and hockey.

My grandparents won't take it... they are bright... the only ones taking it, from what I've seen have an attitude of know it all..
Well maybe if the shot hurts them or someone they care about, they'll understand, but it'll be too late.

top topics

join