It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NT43 at the Tonopah Test Range

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
NT43 at the Tonopah Test Range

Photographs courtesy Phil Drake. The NT43 is pretty rare. It is probably this plane:

NT-43 over Death Valley

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
this is not my official word, just an oppinion:

they are likely testing the new laser weapon that attaches to the nose of the plane.

i seen a documentary on it on the NGC the other day.

very star wars stuff here

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The laser plane is the ABL (air borne laser). It is a program at Edwards south base.

South of the TTR is Site-4, which is part of the Have Glib project. It is full of foreign radar. The NT-43 is a radar plane as well, so this makes more sense.

It's off-topic, but there are old environmental reports for Edwards related to the Star Wars directed energy projects. The ABL supposedly uses the same targets for ground tests.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Can't find any information on the Have Glib project, could you please provide us with some links

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Project HAVE GLIB was a foreign materiel evaluation program initiated in 1970. It involved testing Soviet-type tracking and missile-control radar systems. A complex of actual and replica threat systems was assembled and arranged at Area 51 and TTR to simulate a Soviet-style air defense complex. The TTR radar complex is known as Site 4.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

It would be interesting to know the exact timing of the Groom and Site-4 "Have Glib" construction. For instance, I assume Groom came first, perhaps to keep the acquisition of the foreign gear a secret, but then it became obvious to the powers that be that fighter aircraft, or more correctly their pilots, be allowed to to painted with the foreign radar in a safe environment rather than over hostile territory.

The old Tom Mahood Bluefire website indicated that Site-4 was staffed by people that flew in on Janets, i.e. nobody that lived in Tonopah worked at Site-4.

new topics

top topics

join