It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu Fears Lead to Girl-on-Girl Brawl on D Train

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Swine Flu Fears Lead to Girl-on-Girl Brawl on D Train

www.nbcnewyork.com

After a rough spring that saw as many as 20 to 40 percent of New Yorkers exposed to H1N1, subway riders have resorted to defending themselves with their fists.
Violence struck on a southbound D train Monday morning after two women got into an argument over one's refusal to cover her mouth while coughing. It ended with her spitting on the other, a punch, and the second woman dragging the first to the floor of the car by her hair.
Here's the play-by-play account, as witnessed firsthand by The Business Insider's Lawrence Delevingne:
"No one got the conductor -- it just seemed like a shouti
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Here we go... panic... paranoia... Is this what the government and the MSM wants the population to resort to?

Can't really blame the girl for defending herself from someone coughing on her or even spitting... Yuck! I think I would have been pretty mad as well.

I have a feeling you are going to see more and more of this, especially around the holidays where more people are traveling.

www.nbcnewyork.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Even if there was no swine flu when did it become OK to cough and spit on people? Even little kids know they should cover their mouth when they cough.

We don't know how the request was made. "B!@#$ cover your f'in mouth" and "Can you please cover your mouth" can mean the difference between compliance and a hostile response. Kicking her butt probably wasn't the most mature response, but effective. I doubt she'll be spitting on anyone else anytime soon.

What I've found troubling is that they say the kids are at the highest risk(behind pregnant women). That's all I heard until the death toll reached 1,000. Up until that point they were reporting the kid deaths daily with little mention of the total tally. So if a 1,000 people died and 100 are kids that's only 10%. I agree that's it's being hyped up but why so much focus on kids if it's only 10% of the death toll.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
people are paranoid
that's what we need a vaccine for!

what's wrong with people???

it's just the flu

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure I'd call it paranoia... I was on the trolley yesterday and some punk coughed all over me, without covering mouth, and I also felt like slugging him... Really, is it so hard to just cover up? I would have felt this way swine flu or regular flu, or seasonal cold, or whatever else he was sick with...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
people are paranoid
that's what we need a vaccine for!

what's wrong with people???

it's just the flu

"it's just a cold" - Jim Henson shortly before he died

Sorry... I had to...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
simple situational test. would you have had the same general response 3 years ago?

Perhaps not as violently, but it has happened.

If we were not in a recession as well, would the response be the same? (think, I can't afford a doctor visit)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I can not wait for the rumors to start spreading the swine flu is transmitted just by looking at someone. People with sunglasses are non contagious. (sarcasm).

Let the paranoia begin.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Spitting on a person is considered an assault.

I believe that you have the right to defend yourself against assault.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'd also like to add, that if someone spits on me, I might lose my usual control and throw a punch or two.

That's so gross.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Swine flu or not, if you cough and spit on people you should expect to get punched in the face. I would not stand for someone acting like that.

Even if the lady turned and said "B****! cover your mouth!" The poor excuse for a human that doesn't know to cover her mouth when she coughs should have apologized. Instead she spit on her.

I'm glad she got her butt whooped, and dare I say I wish she had been removed from the gene pool.

join