It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK,911,and War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
By Prof Peter Dale Scott

In American history there are two types of events. There are ordinary events
which the information systems of the country can understand and transmit. There are also
deep events, or meta-events, which the mainstream information systems of the country
cannot digest. I mean by a “deep event” one in which it is clear from the outset that there
are aspects which will not be dealt with in the mainstream media, and will be studied
only by those so-called “conspiracy theorists” who specialize in deep history.
The events I shall discuss today exhibit continuities with each other and with
other deep events, notably the Iran-Contra affair of the mid 1980s and the Oklahoma City
bombing of 1995. But the two I shall discuss today – the JFK assassination and 9/11 – are
outstanding in this respect: that while they were attributed to insignificant and very
marginal people, they had momentous impact, far more than most daily events by more
important people, in redirecting American history.
If history is what is recorded, then deep history is the sum of events which tend to
be officially obscured or even suppressed in traditional books and media. Important
recent deep events include the political assassinations of the 1960s, Watergate, Iran-
Contra, and now 9/11. All these deep events have involved what I call the deep state, that
part of the state which is not publicly accountable, and pursues its goals by means which
will not be approved by a public examination. The CIA (with its on-going relationships to
drug-traffickers) is an obvious aspect of the deep state, but not the only one, perhaps not
even the dirtiest.

www.journalof911studies.com... .pdf

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Am I the only one here who's noticed that 98% of these 9/11 conspiracy people also believe in a whole bookshelf of *other* conspiracies (I.E. JFK assassination, the moon landing being faked, FDR knew the Japanese were coming to attack Pearl Harbor, the navy shot down flight 800, etc).

It leads us to wonder whether these conspiracies are genuinely the result of any investigation, or whether it's simply the case that when all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
Am I the only one here who's noticed that 98% of these 9/11 conspiracy people also believe in a whole bookshelf of *other* conspiracies (I.E. JFK assassination, the moon landing being faked, FDR knew the Japanese were coming to attack Pearl Harbor, the navy shot down flight 800, etc).

It leads us to wonder whether these conspiracies are genuinely the result of any investigation, or whether it's simply the case that when all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail.

Am I the only one here who's noticed that 98% of these 9/11 debunkers also refuse to believe that world governments and political movements could POSSIBLY work behind the scenes to create political, personal and economic change? That even those who control the world's nations, food, economies and power couldn't POSSIBLY be beyond reproach, or couldn't POSSIBLY use methods of subterfuge and guile to carry out their objectives and ambitions.

It leads us to wonder whether these ARE genuinely the result of any INDEPENDENT investigation, or whether it's simply that sometimes a bigger hammer IS the right tool for the job?

Rewey

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Just bumping this thread,interesting article.I have noticed that whenever these events the deal with the Deep State debunkers try and downplay these cases.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rewey
Am I the only one here who's noticed that 98% of these 9/11 debunkers also refuse to believe that world governments and political movements could POSSIBLY work behind the scenes to create political, personal and economic change? That even those who control the world's nations, food, economies and power couldn't POSSIBLY be beyond reproach, or couldn't POSSIBLY use methods of subterfuge and guile to carry out their objectives and ambitions.

I'd have to say that it wouldn't necessarily be just you yourself, but yes, for many 9/11 conspiracy theorists you use this as a ready made excuse to explain why you can't seem to make any headway in spreading your conspiracy theories.

In the real world, you're having incredible difficulties becuase...

a) it's your obligation to back your claims up with proof, and I mean REAL proof, not innuendo, not five degrees of separation Kevin Bacon games, and not quotes taken out of context,

b) anyone who watches the gov't knows they'd be simply incapable of pulling off any insanely complex conspiracy with the same flawless perfection or a supernatural act, all without leaving any evidence or whistleblowers, and most importantly...

c) your conspiracies are among the most goofiest things I've ever heard and they don't make even a microbe of sense whatsoever to begin with.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

JFK ordeal is done an over with, Yet the CIA still withholds information about the case.

Can't say the Moon Landing was fake. Russia would have called us out on it, Not to mention my family lines run DEEP at NASA. I have family that worked on the program that went to the moon. I have no doubt that we did in fact did land on the moon.

I've had numerous professor's tell me that FDR did know Pearl Harbor was going to be attacked.

And If you seriously IN ALL HONESTY, don't believe we could have, and SHOULD HAVE, PREVENTED THESE ATTACKS. Your 100% wrong!

You can't spin that one way or the other.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
nt

[edit on 4-11-2009 by SirPatrickHenry]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

OK GD, what do you believe? The whole 9/11 episode is full of holes. To many events fell perfectly into place. The odds of that happening are staggering. Not to mention, that it is a proven fact that the FBI had prior knowledge of the so-called hijackers.
But, I must back off....my emotions sometimes get the better of me. I compare this 9/11 fairytale to the biblical fairytale.....no matter how much information you give, the blind will continue to march into the meat grinder. Good luck and I hope one day you'll be able to see just a little bit clearer.

Peace!

new topics

top topics

join