It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Both forms of galactic alignment on 2012 proven to be false

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I posted this because even the people showing the 2012 theories to be wrong are letting this slip by them. This is the biggest slam dunk, if you do the math this will, without a doubt, demonstrate that Tsarion, Wilcock, Icke etc. didnt do a bit of real research before selling this to us all.

Please watch this. The first 2 or 3 minutes of part one will explain why both forms of alignment are literally impossible, you will kick yourself for not thinking of this before.

I have heard for many years that on December 21, 2012 the earth was going to align with the sun and the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. I used to point to this coming event as the reason there would be a pole shift as well as any number of cataclysms. I discovered recently while doing the research for the 2012 debunked video that this was very untrue.

To show you how scientifically impotent the galactic alignment theories are I will need to show you the difference between the twenty six thousand year precession cycle and the two hundred and fifty million year cycle of the solar system’s revolution around the galaxy. Most 2012 gurus will pick one or the other, or they mix up the two as they stumble through a pseudo scientific presentation that might sound fancy until you see the difference between the two.

First Precession:

precession2

This event is only significant from the earth’s point of view. The precession cycle or the 26,000 year wobble of the earth only causes the EFFECT of the stars changing position on the horizon. and therefore on the effect of galactic alignment. if you were viewing this “precession” from anywhere else in the solar system it would be totally insignificant, There is no gravitational force or radiation to be expected from this event because other than the tilt of the earth, nothing will be any different than the last few thousand solstices, and as such, the Earth will be no closer to the galactic center than any other solstice, in fact we will be much further away from galactic center than the Mayans were at that time.

The other camp of belief surrounding the 2012 alignment issue is probably the more significant of the two because it is dealing with the solar system’s actual location in relation to galactic center. The idea is that our little solar system is moving around the center of the galaxy every 225 to 250 million years or so, and while doing so it is moving up and down in a cycle crossing the plane every 33 million years.

arrow32

So, the question is, are we going to cross that galactic plane in 2012?

Not even close. According to the journal nature, as well as many others, there is evidence of crossing this plane 3 million years ago. This would mean that we are moving away from the galactic plane and won’t be due to cross it for another 30 million years. In addition the margin of error in these calculations in at least 2.1 parsecs or about 6.5 light years making images like these completely meaningless.

To conclude:
If you hear someone tell you that the earth is on a 26,000 year cycle to align with the galaxy ask them how the wobble of the earth will change its position in relation to the galaxy.

Similarly, if you hear someone say that the earth is on a 250 million year cycle to align with the galaxy ask them if they know that this happened 3 million years ago and wont happen again for another 30 million.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Amenti]

[edit on 31-10-2009 by Amenti]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

That's all well and good, but do you really think people who take Tsarion, Wilcock, Icke seriously, can be swayed by logic and rational thought?

I'm being serious. I mean, there aren't that many people left who truly buy into the whole 2012 doom scenario anymore, the ones left are more in the religious/spirituality/loony camp and you won't be coaxing them out of their bomb shelters anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
reply to post by Amenti

That's all well and good, but do you really think people who take Tsarion, Wilcock, Icke seriously, can be swayed by logic and rational thought?

I'm being serious. I mean, there aren't that many people left who truly buy into the whole 2012 doom scenario anymore, the ones left are more in the religious/spirituality/loony camp and you won't be coaxing them out of their bomb shelters anytime soon.

lol well for those who think its all enlightenment and sunshine I recently made this to take a guess at why the "spiritual evolution" thing is being pushed so hard.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

honestly you can go both ways on the subject,but it nice see both sides

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I think the video is even sided...the researcher seemed very balanced and gave points to 2012 researchers at the same time countered with equally damning points to the contrary. I've always been of the opinion since researching this myself is that I think 2012 is significant because of the expectation of this timeframe. There are a lot of ancient prophecies seeming to play out in our current timeframe. The only doom and gloom prophecy I've been able to find though is contained in the bible, and some seemingly unread 2012 researchers.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

Yep this is the crux of the whole issue. You would have more success talking sense into a house brick! I honestly can't wait for 2012 to come and go so we can move onto the next faux doomsday date. This ones getting a bit passé now!

IRM :shk:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
cant you feel something happening? forget everything you've heard and just feel, something is happening you could feel it if you were open...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jesuswalkingonwater
cant you feel something happening? forget everything you've heard and just feel, something is happening you could feel it if you were open...

What exactly is happening? Can you be less ambiguous than 'something'. That could be anything! Hell... even nothing is something!

Hang on... I'll open my mind...

Nup... Nothing!

IRM

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
its a magnetic pull if you concentrate you can tap into it and its getting more intenseas time goes by its science

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I too did a lot of scientific reading dealing with our exact location in relation to the center of the Milky Way as we bob up and down while revolving around it. I too have discovered that we have already passed through the galactic center. One finding from a Science journal even stated that we passed the center as recently as 1997! Now the fact that you bring into question the accuracy of us knowing the pinpoint location is key. We simply do not know the exact location or time. There is so much wiggle room concerning the exact center plane of something so massive and yet not semetrical. We're talking light years in size ppl. No, not even the genius Maya could calculate such ludicrous astronomical calculations. Predicting eclipses and making a calendar and not exactly on the same scale of difficulty. One thing that all scientists in the field can agree on is that the Sun is and has been steadily rising above the galactic plane for some time. So I'm not buying any of this fear mongering garbage.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
i still have to go to the video presented & view it...

but, days ago i contributed a post in some 2012 thread that pointed out the Earth position in the Galaxy is some Light Years above the Galactic Plane/Equator.

what we might be witnessing in 2012 is only the Apparent crossing of the Plane... and specifically aligned with the 'dark rift' of the Galactic core, in a line-of-sight connection.

this 'virtual crossing' is supposed to result in all sorts of exotic forces manifesting dire influences on the physical planet~~~how can that Be ??

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

quick mathematic note, 250 million -3million is not 30 million...im wondering how u got 30 million outta that?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by THIseNdsnowoldKings
reply to post by Amenti

quick mathematic note, 250 million -3million is not 30 million...im wondering how u got 30 million outta that?

as we travel around galactic center (250mly) we are also moving up and down in a cycle that takes (33 mly)

top topics

join