It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Just a choice, right now, between fear... and love."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Neo, I branched my response to your post from the 9/11 Mossad thread into this new thread because your post really didn't have anything to do with Mossad, but I found that you made some good points that I wanted to address.

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
reply to post by mmiichael

No matter whose right and whose wrong, like you say, there's probably a Real truth behind and explaining everything, quite complementary to both sides.

I have in the past said that I think that both truthers -and- official story believers have at times contributed valuable information. But aside from this, I don't see how the truth could be complimentary to both sides per se.

Truth is part myth, part plan, part coincidence and part natural.

Why do you think truth is part coincidence? As to truth being a myth, it reminds me of the saying: "There is fiction in your truth and truth in your fiction". I would certainly agree that what some people see as truth is, in fact, myth, and what some see as myth is, in fact, truth. Also, how could truth be a plan?

When what really happened is revealed some day into the future, the Sun might shine on one as it rains on the other.

I assume you mean when the general public finally settles on one version over the other; in this case, I agree. From what I've seen, the truth movement has been growing stronger, and I don't think that this will change.

...What we've seen is just the Prelude, soon we'll be so used to International Crisis Phenomena

Personally, I like how Zeitgeist put it, at the end of the film:
"Just a choice, right now, between fear and love."

Perhaps the above simplifies things a bit too much, but I think it has merit.

We could say that fear has consequences. As yoda from Star Wars put it:
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Love has the opposite effect; not only can it make us happy, but it can heal suffering.

Another way of seeing it is that we all try to minimize pain (fear is in a way an avoidance of pain) and maximize happiness (the desire to love and be loved).

To put all of this in a 9/11 context, the powers that be decided to play on our fears; it resulted in good profits for them, but I think that at this point, things may be reaching a critical mass of people who disbelieve the official story concerning 9/11. And so, it appears that they've decided to come up with the next fear induced panic; this whole swine flu thing.

And all the while, there are other forces, things that I think shape these decisions; struggles over what is right and wrong, concerning sexuality for instance. I personally believe that Obama is on the right track with things in this area, but it's simply something that can't be rushed.

new topics

join