It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brother of Afghan Leader Is Said to Be on C.I.A. Payroll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Brother of Afghan Leader Is Said to Be on C.I.A. Payroll

www.nytimes.com

Ahmed Wali Karzai, the brother of the Afghan president and a suspected player in the country’s booming illegal opium trade, gets regular payments from the Central Intelligence Agency, and has for much of the past eight years, according to current and former American officials.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Once again, the CIA is meddling in Afghanistan at the future cost of risk to US interests. What is more alarming, although already known, is the propagation of opium in furtherance of the operation. How much residual damage will be done, not only from the funding and training of extremists, but the widespread influence on the international drug trade?

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I don't have a link for this right away, but Canadian troops, for one, have been paying off the Taliban to not attack them, or as the allegation goes.

This 'War on Terrorism' is an absolute mess and should be abandoned immediately... Yes I said retreat, give up, whatever it takes to simply leave Afghanistan and Iraq to their designs, and attack no other nation ever again.

War is just a game between kings and we are the pawn.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
...Are they still paying them in Viagara? There is a beautiful marriage of the Pharmeceutical Industry with the Industrial-Military complex.

Somehow on some level it actually begins to make sense......

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The CIA employing/involved with drug dealers...

Who would have thought it possible?

++sarcasm gland overheating++

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Let's see, on part of Allied forces is risking lives and spends valuable resources combatting drug production. Other part subsidizes same.

Has the US become schizophrenic?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Is Ollie North running the operation? If not, he could surely lend some useful advice. Surely everyone sees what is going on over there is exactly the same type deal as the Contra/Sandinista deal. Now we even have DEA guys getting killed in Afghanistan...what a surprise.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Karzai's Bro is denying it,as suspected:

Afghan President Hamid Karzai's brother has denied an American newspaper report that he receives payments from the CIA.

www.voanews.com...

He must be pretty damned scared just now.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is because the CIA is needed to traffic the opium out of the country and have it refined into heroin. The profits from the export of the opium and subsequent heroin is used as a return on the investment the government made when it took over Afghanistan. I believe I read some place that opium production in Afghanistan increased after the US invasion.

The CIA has been trafficking drugs into this country for decades and continues to do it to this day. Drugs have long been used as a form of currency when dealing with countries, like a few in South America, who have little to no other export to speak of. They are also desirable as a way to keep the population under control and in the bonds of slavery.

The government never does anything without profits in mind.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
I don't have a link for this right away, but Canadian troops, for one, have been paying off the Taliban to not attack them, or as the allegation goes.

Well as a Canadian I'd appreciate if you at least attempted to back this up something tangible. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. BTW I heard American troops were eating Afghan babies but I can't find the link.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What's disturbing is where this is leading.

We all see how well the war on drugs works here in the United States (for those that don't know - it's a miserable failure).

Can't wait to take it "International" and launch operations in Afghanistan.

Ultimate Fail.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

umm...like...ah..what he said

Opium production hasn't just increased since US troops ahve been on the ground it has rocketed. Hashish production has also increased which i find intriguing because TPTB don't want us using that as it expands minds rather than closes them down.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar

Im sorry but you have to have a little more respect for people than to post a statement basically undermining everything Canadian Troops are doing (and have been doing the whole time by the way when you were in Iraq), and then go offline with no chance for a rebuttle or to explain you comments. So this "allegation" needs to have some sort of author or validity to it, otherwise for you to make up and create such slander is incredible offensive to me and anyother Canadian that looks at those lies.
Do you understand what you just accused my soldiers of doing? Do you understand the implications you are insinuating by saying my fellow countrymen are "paying off the taliban"? You accused The Canadian Military of funding and supporting terrorism!! That sir/ mame is highly offensive.
Please either cite any information, anything i dont care, or apologize for making that # up.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Sadly,its only a miserable failure for the people themselves-for those running the war on drugs,its a masssivley lucrative success...the death and depravity is just a welcome side effect to them.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

exactly what I was thinking. depends on whose perspective you are viewing the war on drugs from. to all the black ops programs it funds and individuals profiteering from it I'd have to say its a huge success.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It could be just a psy-op to instill fear, distrust and doubt amongst the ranks of the Taliban/tribalists, the ol' divide and conquer tactic.

Interesting to note that even the 'holy-er than thou' Taliban will accept black money to buy their weapons/armoured camels.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Reply to post by thomasblackraven

It looks like the (C)ocaine (I)mport (A)gency is up to their old tricks again. They've always got their greedy little fingers in whatever drug trade exists where they operate.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

im afraid it has been for a while.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What I find is interesting, and in itself is a conspiracy, is that this opium trade has been going on with the worlds oldest drug cartel, the British Crown, ever since the early 1800's when the British forced Opium upon the people of China via gunboat diplomacy.

From Wikipedia:

The Treaty of Nanking or Treaty of Nanjing, signed 29 August 1842, was the unequal treaty which marked the end of the First Opium War between the British and Qing Empires of 1839–42. The treaties forced China to lower its tariffs. In the wake of China's military defeat, with British warships poised to attack the city, representatives from the British and Qing Empires negotiated aboard HMS Cornwallis anchored at Nanjing. On 29 August 1842, British representative Sir Henry Pottinger and Qing representatives, Qiying, Ilibu and Niujian, signed the Treaty of Nanjing. The treaty consisted of thirteen articles and was ratified by Queen Victoria and the Daoguang Emperor nine months later. As one historian notes, a "most ironic point was that opium, the immediate cause of the war, was not even mentioned.[1]

The wealthy blue bloods of Greenich, Connecticut made their wealth during these wars smuggling opium into China to feed the addiction.
This is also partly what had lead to the Maoist Revolution and rise of communism in China in which the doors were closed to the British backed drug establishment.

It is also what we saw during Vietnam, when Southeast asia and not Afghanistan was the leading producer and exporter of opium primarily to the US courtesy of the CIA's Air America, where there was a Heroin epidemic primarily found in poor Black communities creating the drug infested ghettos of today.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Found this video on the topic. Quite interesting indeed.

top topics

join