It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I turn on Spell check in IE??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hi,
Does internet explorer have a spell check that I can turn on? I'm so tired of typing posts in a word document and pasting them here. There must be some way I can get spell check to work when I'm typing online.

I know this is possible because my mother in law's pc at work will underline misspelled words when I post in ATS. Is this a PC setting that I am overlooking or what?

I downloaded a toolbar or something yesterday, but It didnt work. Told me I don't have permition for something....I don't know.

I just want a spell ckeck, can anyone give some advice?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
By getting Firefox.

I gave up IE 1 year ago and have not looked back.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The Google toolbar for IE has a spell checker.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
By getting Firefox.

I gave up IE 1 year ago and have not looked back.

Mozilla all the way, baby

Firefox is 20 times better than IE could ever hope to be.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I just downloaded a spell checker from www.iespell.com doen't seem to be working.

Can you still watch vids and things on firefox? Everyone keeps telling me it's crap.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
I just downloaded a spell checker from www.iespell.com doen't seem to be working.

Can you still watch vids and things on firefox? Everyone keeps telling me it's crap.

Everything you can do on IE plus greater pop-up protection and faster surfing speed. It's free ya know.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamrock87

Well, I just re-started the pc and this spell check is still not doing its thing.
Can you refer me to the site to download firefox or do I just google it, download and install? I'm not a pc expert so I'm trying my best..

Thanks all for the help.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Here ya go:

www.mozilla.org...

If that doesn't work it's simply Mozilla.org

"We believe that the internet should be public, open and accessible." Have fun

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Now for Firefox just go into tools go to advanced and check spelling in the browsing section their.

Once you get Firefox set up the way you like you will only need IE for Windows Updates, of course I never update-I use a saved image of my HDD for a backup and if I get a virus it takes me 2 minutes to do a complete wipe and reboot of my system.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Firefox is superior for spell checking. It checks your spelling on the fly and a fix is a simple right click left click away.

Firefox is faster. IE sometimes crashes with flash. Firefox is my favorite by far.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I've got Firefox now!

It's so awesome, especially the skins. My browser's all pimped out with a cosmos theme! And the spell check is working! Can't believe I listened to all the people who told me it was crap!
I've been missing out for so long.

Anyway, I'm going to customize and check out the getting started page to get to know it a little better.

It was so easy to set up, I'm really surprised.
Thanks to all of you, I do not regret starting this thread!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

IE7 Pro is a downloadable add-on for IE7 & 8 that includes a spell checker. As already posted above, the Google toolbar also includes a spell checker.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Thanks, I've got Firefox now... It has everything I need built in. So problem solved!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I have used iespell for years and it works perfectly, if it doesn't work it may have been installed wrong, you should see the link whenever you right click on any text anywhere.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
Thanks, I've got Firefox now... It has everything I need built in. So problem solved!

Don't forget to browse all the addons! (try to get the ones checked by the Mozilla community tho... There could be a few malicious ones about - I usually read the comments)

I have the bable fish translator one (which can be a little annoying if your a bit careless with the mouse - occasionally the whole web page turns blue with a translation) and a few others like the Met office weather gadget... Cooliris! that is a great one for viewing lots of images like a google image search..

There are a huge amount, it's why FF is the best all round browser.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Thanks, Coolisris was the first ad-on I installed! Also love the skins/personas and add blockers.

I can't believe how easy Firefox was to install! I swear a six year old could do it.
They really have outdone themselves.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Hi!

I downloaded that iespell, but it wouldn't let me install it-kept on prompting something like 'you don't have permission to.....' I also installed a toolbar, that didn't work.

I just love Firefox because it did what it said it was gonna do and more. I didn't encounter one problem or glitch when downloading or installing.

top topics

join