It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seasonal Flu Shots Double Risk of Getting Swine Flu, Says New Study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
"A Canadian study currently under peer review apparently suggests that individuals given seasonal flu shots are twice as likely to get swine flu. The 'perplexing' study has thrown influenza health plans into disarray, with Quebec, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Nova Scotia all suspending seasonal flu shots for anyone under 65 years of age. The study appears to be confined to Canada; the US, Britain, and Australia have not reported the same problem, so some are suggesting that the research has 'study bias.' However, the research appears to be 'solid' according to Dr. Ethan Rubinstein, head of adult infectious diseases at the University of Manitoba. 'There are a large number of authors, all of them excellent and credible researchers. And the sample size is very large — 12 or 13 million people taken from the central reporting systems in three provinces.''

science.slashdot.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by platoslab

It's common sense really, the more vaccines we take for viruses the weaker our immune system becomes, Inside your body there is a mechanism designed to defend you from millions of bacteria, microbes, viruses, toxins and parasites. All vaccines do is weaken that defence, what makes me laugh is most people take seasonal flu shots even if they don't have the flu.

It's a known fact flu shots like Flumist Shot contain things like H1N1. So getting one flu shot, creates another.

Take a look at what's in vaccines, I think you will be surprised.

0.2 mL pre-filled, single-use intranasal spray (3)
Each 0.2 mL dose contains 106.5-7.5 FFU (fluorescent focus units) of live attenuated influenza
virus reassortants of each of the three strains for the 2009-2010 season: A/South Dakota/6/2007
(H1N1) (an A/Brisbane/59/2007-like), A/Uruguay/716/2007 (H3N2) (an A/Brisbane/10/2007-like), and
B/Brisbane/60/2008. (3)

If Guillain-Barré syndrome has occurred within 6 weeks of any prior influenza vaccination, the decision
to give FluMist should be based on careful consideration of the potential benefits and potential risks

Source

They say if you get Guillain-Barré syndrome... They don't even know if you will or not. There are plenty more vaccines just like this in the link I posted.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

what makes me laugh is most people take seasonal flu shots even if they don't have the flu

Taking a flu shot is not supposed get rid of the flu its supposed to prevent you from catching it.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

What I am saying is catching the flu is something our bodies are designed to do, to strengthened immunity. People are scared of getting a dam cold, one sniffle and they run to the Doctors. I understand if they have health problems, other than that Grow some balls people.

I love getting the flu, it makes me stronger

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I understand what your saying but there are many more factors to be considered here.

If you have a family or newborn child you are going to do everything you can to not catch an infectious disease.

If you have a minimum wage job and rent to pay or Christmas presents to buy you are going to do everything you can not to get infected.

If you live alone with no one to take care of you during times of illness you certainly dont want to be to sick to get out of bed or feed yourself.

If you work in the health care industry you cannot afford to be sick with something infectious.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yea and the best way to do that is to get the flu, at some point no matter what you are going to get it anyway.

The only Shots I have had in my whole life are TB, and whatever crap I was given at birth. I have had the flu 2-3 times in my life and yes it was bad, I did feel like I was knocking on deaths door but things like getting a fever, sickness, diarrhoea were signs my immune system was working.

I haven't been to the Doctors in that long that I am no longer registered with one. I have been in very close contact with people diagnosed with Swine Flu, I have shared cigarettes with them also and guess what "No swine flu" not one single symptom of swine flu.

Taking vaccines does not prevent you from getting flu, it may prevent one strain but it weakens your immune system against many many others. People I know who have had seasonal flu shots "Always have the flu" coincidence NO! weak immunity Yes!

I respect the fact some people need vaccines though due to bad health.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm the same, i haven't had a flu jab for years ( i used to be a practice manager of a GP surgery in the UK ). When i was working at the surgery i actually saw the doctors give some of the staff 2 flu shots! just because it helps them reach their targets!

[edit on 4-10-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
In relation to the OP.

I think you will find this documentary very interesting, it explaines in great detail how the immune system works skip to 23:00 on the video to learn how immunity works.

This two and a half hour presentation, is well researched and presented. Are vacccines safe? Find out how they made it & the LIES about MERCURY Free vacines. At the end a medical doctor discusses how he gave his child a vaccine and it caused him to have severe autism. He vowed never to vaccinate himself or his family ever again after FINDING out the TRUTH!

stopvaccines.tk...

[edit on 4-10-2009 by NotAgain]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Yup it's sure the best way to develop a strong immune system, I believe those who don't take vaccines have strong enough immune systems to deal with H1N1. I know 100% I should have it by now, the only people I do know who got H1N1 are at the Doctors every year getting their shots.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

The rate of exposure to h1n1 is higher for doctors, so more of them will catch it.

Vaccines make the body make antibodies. It's like catching the flu without the bad effects. Well, at least, last years flu.

CX

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I received the seasonal flu jab last year, i never get colds, coughs etc but thought i'd get the jab as i look after a couple of elderly neighbour who really can't afford to catch anything.

Since getting the jab, i've lost count of the amount of colds and flu-like symptoms i've had.

Never again! If they try to stick me with another jab, then you'll be reading about my response on Sky News.

CX.

[edit on 4/10/09 by CX]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Yes what you have said is what many of my friends, family who have had vaccines have said to me. The thing is you can still spread the virus even though you have been vaccinated.

If you need some brilliant advice watch the video I posted, it's a 2 1/2 hour video but it will educate you well enough to make the right choice when it comes to future vaccines. This video really needs to get out there...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk

The rate of exposure to h1n1 is higher for doctors, so more of them will catch it.

Vaccines make the body make antibodies. It's like catching the flu without the bad effects. Well, at least, last years flu.

Not in the UK because if you have H1N1 you cannot even see a Doctor, you have to phone the hotline and get some Tamiflu sent out. That by the way you have to get delivered to your neighbour.

Although vaccines do create antibodies you weaken your immune system for other strains of flu, in turn this means you require more and more vaccines each time a a new strain of flu is out. You repeat this process until your brain is overloaded with mercury, inevitably you destroy neurological tissue.

Oh and here is your proof

YouTube

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Not in the UK because if you have H1N1 you cannot even see a Doctor, you have to phone the hotline and get some Tamiflu sent out. That by the way you have to get delivered to your neighbour.

I didn't know that (but then I don't watch the UK news because it's almost all lies and ill-informed rubbish).

The obvious question is: how do you know if you've got H1N1 unless you've seen a doctor?

This whole thing stinks. Diagnosis over the phone??!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Franz

Yea my sister had H1N1 or that's what the Doctor said over the phone.

Sister/// Hello can I book an appointment to see a Dr.

Receptionist///First can you tell me what it's regarding.

Sister/// yes I have have flu like symptoms and it's difficult to breath as I have asthma.

Receptionist/// I will put you through to a GP over the phone, Please hold "Plays stupid annoying music"

GP/// Hello there, so you have flu like symptoms

Sister/// Yes Dr

GP/// Don't leave your house you have Swine Flu, I need to take your neighbours address or somebody you know close to you so we can deliver some Tamiflu.

This was almost word for word what the Doctors told my sister, as she suffers from Asthma she has her flue shots, she is the only one in the family who has the shots and guess what "She got swine flu" there are 4 of us in the house in total and us other 3 didn't get nothing because we don't take vaccines.

you are right the whole thing stinks...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Franz

By the way you clicked me as a Foe

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The vaccination hoax, with physicians as the whistleblowers:

www.whale.to...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Not surprising really. I don't plan on getting a vaccine. Everyone here is freaking out about getting swine flu. Personally I think it's not that bad. Terror motivates quite well.

join