It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little wierd.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Lets start from the beginning.

It all started 2 weeks ago. I was at a typical highschool party, then one of our friends offered to buy mcdonalds. now, i would normanly say no thanks, but i was pretty intoxicated and said sure get me a meal. heres what sucks. i gave my fries away, and ate the 2 jr chicken burgers. everyone shared the fries, excpet my girlfriend because she was on a diet, thank god,(for the timing). a few hours past, i was tired, hungry, looked over and ate a few fries in a mouthful. realized i heard stuff about em, i thought o well nothing of it, probably not here in Ontario. Well everyone from that party got the flu, except my girlfriend.

This leads me to believe what i heard was true. Fast food french fries cause flu, possibly swine flu.

this got me thinking, so i asked everyone i knew all around ontario, do you have the flu? most replied yes. when did you get it? all replied within the past week. i asked after you ate fries from mcdonalds? they all said yes.

So, i went to my high school, which none of my friends go to for educational purposes, and we were missing alot of students in our classes. around 5 to 8 in each class, averaging at around 24 students. some there had the flu, i questioned them and the same. so i told my teacher what i had found out and advised her to look into it, see how she could get this on the announcements or emergency assembly, but she laughed and did nothing.

So folks, Genetically Modifies Potatoes, or GMP, are gone to, well a good comparison would be pieces of chemicals with virus all over it.

We need to get the word out.

EDIT!!!

Forgot to say that the flu is not transmittable by kissing.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by gandhi]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I remember reading that thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This must be one strong bug to survive being deep fried.

I've been avoiding all GM foods, and definitely fast food (not that I eat much of that stuff anyway).

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Fast food french fries cause flu

By fascinating coincidence...my roomate and his daughter are eating McDonalds in the next room as I type this. I'll watch to see if they get sick over the next few days.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Um.......maybe you and your friends should attend school for a bit of educational purposes. The flu isn't transmited by kissing? Heh. Just use google. It can be your friend. The flu virus is transmitted via respiratory droplets. The are expelled by coughing and sneezing, and also by an ill person touching his/her face with their hands and then touching another object that is then touched by another person. There's no doubt in my mind that respiratory droplets can be exchanged between people during kissing. Especially passionate kissing that can tend to become quite slobbery if done correctly.

Stay awake in science classes, especially human biology......mmmmmmmkay?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Quite frankly, as long as they're not actually starving to death, anyone who eats that junk deserves ebola, nevermind the flu!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Swine flu from french fries, but not from kissing? Sober up and go back to school. I would love for you to present your theory to your science teacher.
FYI, my husband and I have both had McDonald's fries recently and are still healthy.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by calmbutwary

Don't forget to add the fries are cooked in near boiling oil which kills any living thing inside of it.

You aren't really eating GM potato fries, it's more like deep fried, oil saturated starch. I'd be surprised if u could anything in a McD's that resembled a once living cell under a microscope...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Although, the dirty kids handling the fries... That's another story...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

I am saying the flu i currently have, dude.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Lets start from the beginning.

I was at a typical highschool party,... but i was pretty intoxicated...

It saddens me that this is considered a 'typical' high school party...unfortunately I'm sure its true. Hey I was there once, so I'm not knock'n ya bro, just say'n be careful and keep your head on straight :p

Hopefully you understand that flu can definitely be transmitted by kissing, of course being pretty intoxicated there's no telling what else was going on that you might not have noticed. As in people coughing around you, spitting while talking or yelling ect.. Bars this fall are going to be a hot bed for flu transmission.

On a side note, there is this lady that goes around with a french fri and a hamburger from McDonalds, they are like 3 years old I think? And they both look as fresh as the day they were made. No mold or anything...its pretty freaky.

Ouu I found it! 12 years old!!! wow

Immortal McHorror

[edit on 10/3/2009 by toepick]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
i also think it comes from food and water

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

By fascinating coincidence...my roomate and his daughter areeating McDonalds in
the next room as I type this. I'll watch to see if they get sick over the next few days.

Just following up: two days later and nobody here is sick. Your mileage may vary.

join