It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7-Year-Old Girl Attacked By 6-Foot Iguana

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I think that this Iguana was a actually David Icke?

What?

Were you thinking it was only Reptilians that disguised themselves as Humans?

Oh no... two can play at that game!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
However, they will only bite on accident, it is not a natural defense mechanism for them. When iguanas get defensive, they will typically whip with their tail. The article is probably correct in that the iguana mistakenly bit the girl's foot thinking it was food, in my experience iguana's usually accidentally bite during feeding time.

I just don't buy that, we've got a four and half foot female that bites. She will snap at just about anybody that reaches into her cage, food or no food. If someone she doesn't now gets too close to the cage she opens her mouth and bites at the sides of the cage. When we clean her cage we have to take her out or she spends the entire time snapping at us. Take my bitten word for it, they have an incredibly powerful bite and they will use it.
Male Iguana's are pretty well known to bite aggressively, alot more so than females, but yeah, they bite.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Like I had said, I have never heard of it.

If someone else has, well, that's great.

reply to post by drwizardphd

That's fine, and I can understand an iguana's bite is probably pretty bad.

All I had originally said was it sounded to me like a goanna, not an iguana.

If it is an iguana, then I was wrong, no harm, no foul.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I don't believe that goannas are legal pets in the United States. I could be wrong about that, though. I mean I'm sure you could get one with the proper sneakiness and permits (like the people who have tigers and things living in their houses)... but I just don't believe that is the case here.

Good guess, though. I mean, size-wise that would be more likely but logically I don't see how it could have played out.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
I think that this Iguana was a actually David Icke?

What?

Were you thinking it was only Reptilians that disguised themselves as Humans?

Oh no... two can play at that game!

A star for being on the same wavelength as me

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Originally posted by drwizardphd
However, they will only bite on accident, it is not a natural defense mechanism for them. When iguanas get defensive, they will typically whip with their tail. The article is probably correct in that the iguana mistakenly bit the girl's foot thinking it was food, in my experience iguana's usually accidentally bite during feeding time.

I just don't buy that, we've got a four and half foot female that bites. She will snap at just about anybody that reaches into her cage, food or no food. If someone she doesn't now gets too close to the cage she opens her mouth and bites at the sides of the cage. When we clean her cage we have to take her out or she spends the entire time snapping at us. Take my bitten word for it, they have an incredibly powerful bite and they will use it.
Male Iguana's are pretty well known to bite aggressively, alot more so than females, but yeah, they bite.

I'm with twitchy on this. When I was younger I had 2 iguanas, both of them bit me regularly. I also worked at a tropical fish and reptile wholesaler. I have handled thousands of iguanas and about 75% of them tried to bite. I've also witnessed a guy get whipped in the thigh by a 5 footer.......30 some stitches later he was as good as new. Their claws are equally as dangerous.

I will say I have seen my share of overly friendly iguanas as well. I always worried though when watching people handle the calm ones, kissing them on the mouth, sitting them on couches with little kids etc... These are wild animals that no matter what you think don't feel affection, they don't love their owners like some claim. At best they simply tolerate being handled and usually its only a matter of time before they decide to not tolerate being handled.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is our 8.5 year old Chinese Water Dragon, "Miss Willsie" in her Halloween costume. She is a potty trained, freeroamer and is treated as a member of the family, (not caged). She does have her UVB and heat requirements in her room.

Willsie channels Jim Carrey as "THE MASK"

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
They should ban Iguanas. And if Mexico cannot get rid of them, we should quarantine Mexico, then Ban Mexico too.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by nwodeath]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Geee, I see iguanas all the time maybe I should be more careful. This is also in my neck of the woods, Florida.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
There's 3-4 foot sized one with spikes that occasionally swims the canal behind my house. He's quite fast too, a bigger one attacking could be quite vicious, especially with their speed.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
There's 3-4 foot sized one with spikes that occasionally swims the canal behind my house. He's quite fast too, a bigger one attacking could be quite vicious, especially with their speed.

Didn't the movie mysterious island feature a giant iguana the size of a building?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
dont hate the iguanas just because some lousy parents were not watching their kids like they should have been

[edit on 15-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Darwin was a comedian??? Definitely the classification of "homo-sapiens" to mankind species can't be taken seriously...
Billions of years of evolution and MEN just didn't learn the most basic principles and guidelines of mother nature. REPTILES DON'T INTERACT WITH MAMMALS, EXCEPT TO FEED WITH THEM!!!
People STOP BEING STUPID!! You can not raise reptiles in home, you can not buy a reptile to be a pet of your little kid!!! YOU CAN'T RAISE SNAKES, IGUANAS, SALAMANDRAS, CHAMELEONS or other reptile INTO YOUR HOME, PUTTING IN RISK YOUR FAMILY!!! If this iguana was big enough to handle with the little girl, she will be its food!! Reptiles are cold blood animals, they don't absolutely ANY affection. Isn't in their DNA. Reptiles AREN'T CUTE, AREN'T LOVELY and people that raise a Jiboia or a sucuri snake into a house, with kids inside, should go to prison!!

<< 1   >>

join