It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vibrations while in meditation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Please answer only if you practice meditation.

I haven’t been meditating for long at all maybe 10 or 15 times. (15 to 20 minutes each time) The first couple of times that I tried mediation, I was sitting with my legs crossed and started to feel very strong vibrations running through both my legs (so much that I had to stop) I thought that my legs had most likely just fallen asleep causing the vibrations. So the next couple of times that I meditated, I lied flat on my back with my legs straight out. This time the vibrations where pretty much all over my body but mostly on my face. They started out very light but the longer that I laid there the more intense they became. Near the end it got so intense it felt like my hole head could have been shaking. Also as soon as I move or sit up they are gone instantly.

Does anyone who meditates experience this?
Could this be energy?

Additional Details
I’m not sure if this would matter but I do get these same types of vibrations daily. For no real reason at all they come at random times. But are very short (1 to 2 sec.) unlike while I’m meditating where they don’t leave till I come out.

Thanks,
Mikey

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This sounds perfectly normal. I get it and its character has changed over time but it's pretty much always there. When first meditating, it was much larger in amplitude and very low in frequency. Recently, with more frequent and longer meditation vibration intensity has subsided considerably and is higher in frequency. I suspect it has do with just relaxing into the experiences more or at least not attending to phenomena too much.

Quieter mind = less intense but higher vibrations in my experience.

Edit:
I consider that this cessation could also be a symptom that some dam is about to burst and I could end up shaking the house down. Who knows.

[edit on 9/27/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by s14mikeysr20

I would say consider yourself gifted. To be able to get those vibes as quick and as intense as you describe, it would make most jealous.

Congrats.

If you wanna magnify your meditation even more, go buy yourself a 7 inch stick of Selenite...cost you about 17 bucks but it will raise you even higher. Great tool for meditation, place it on top of your body while laying down.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Does anyone who meditates experience this?

Me personally? Only rarely. And usually only in association with out of body experiences. Your experience doesn't neccesarily need to match anyone else's, however. I recommend not trying to base your expectations on what anyone here tells you. Be willing to observe what is, rather than assuming or seeking any particular experience because you think you're "supposed" to.

Could this be energy?

Well, yes...but even if you were lying or hallucinating, it would still be energy. What do you mean?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
It´s usually described as sign of starting OBE. So don´t fight it and enjoy it. You are lucky guy.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Okay, now vibrations....do you mean slight fuzzy vibrations or really intense, to the point where you think you're being electrocuted kind of vibrations?

I don't meditate - I used to when I was younger - but I was trying to fall asleep one night (about a year ago) and suddenly felt this intense vibration in my thumb and finger. It was like I'd just stuck my hand into a socket or something......you know those electric shavers that guys use? it felt like that but also felt like it came right from my bones. There was a really loud buzz sound too.....scared the crap outta me.

....now, I know what you're all gonna say but I can assure you it wasn't sleep paralysis - I can tell the difference.

The thing is, I can be sitting watching tv or in a car or the bath or whatever and I can feel a build up as if the same thing is about to happen....and it's always in my fingers......as soon as I'm aware of it, however, I can easily make it stop.....kinda scared of it happening again.

I've done research and could only find one other person (on a medical forum) that had experienced it to that intensity.

Is that the kind of vibrations you meant?

*scared and confused*

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'm not a meditator, but I'm able to create this sensation while I'm lying down or relaxed that I'm charging up energy in waves that resonate throughout my body. Fuzzy warm feeling.

It's like applying pressure to a spinning fan blade to slow it down, then releasing pressure and it returns to its original speed. Weird description, but it makes sense to me for some reason lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
As I have said I’m very new to meditation. So I was wondering when you guys meditate do you think of anything? Do you have anything running through your mind? When I have got into a deep state it seems as if my brain could have been turned off. I do not have any thoughts at all , my eyes are closed , and all I see is blackness. I’m fully aweare of everything that is happening and where I'm at, But at the same time I also feel as if I'm not there at all. Could this be a O.B.E I do not know how this would feel so I couldnt say if it was or not? (Your thoughts?)

XhellcatX

Okay, now vibrations....do you mean slight fuzzy vibrations or really intense

(Its really hard for me to explain)
They start out slight and fuzzy but within a couple of mintues the become very strong and intense. It's kinda like if you hit your funny bone but alot stronger feeling. Its not so much a shocking feeling but more like a million pins are pressed to my skin. (there is no pain)

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

when you guys meditate do you think of anything?

That depends. There are a variety of methods that can be used in meditation. Thinking of nothing is one option. Thinking of something to the exclusion of all else is another option. Choosing to not direct thought and simply be aware is yet another option. Different methods may yield different "thoughts" during the meditation.

Could this be a O.B.E

It could. Next time you're there, try to move around. Don't take your phsyical body with you when you do. If you experience "paralysis" that's probably a good sign. But be aware that it's not really paralysis. You can move your physical body, but doing so may tend to drag your focus back into it. Move like you move when you dream. You can fly and pass through objects. So...pass through your body and fly away.

new topics

top topics

join