It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicinal Chemist Shane Ellison "Think Before You Vaccinate"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Medicinal Chemist Shane Ellison "Think Before You Vaccinate"

As a young chemist working in the chemistry labs of corporate America, I watched as they promoted cancer causing drugs as anti-cancer remedies (tamoxifen). I also witnessed the pharmaceutically compliant media convince the world that depression was a disease and you needed the so-called antidepressant drug Prozac™ to treat it. I began to wonder, “How gullible are the masses?” The reaction to the swine flu scare answered this.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-9-2009 by news_in_news]

[edit on 27-9-2009 by news_in_news]

[promotional link removed]

[edit on 27-9-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Shane Ellison has a masters degree in organic chemistry and is a two-time recipient of the prestigious Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Grant for his studies in biochemistry and physiology. Here Shane exposes the inner workings of the psycho/pharmaceutical industry, the manufacture and marketing of psychiatric drugs and the fact that the psycho/pharma industry is well aware their drugs do not cure anyone. He previously worked for both Array BioPharma and Eli Lilly.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[promotional link removed]

[edit on 27-9-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
This is a great find. Very important for people to realize that money is not the way.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Its obvious really. Its nice that "credible" people are speaking out, but these sort of conclusions are not rocket science so anyone should be able to realize this themselfs.

I think they have moved from not only treating symptoms to actually creating the sickness. Its even more profitable to first create a disease and then keep people on drugs against it for the rest of their lives. Nor healthy or dead people create revenue.

Who knows if this isnt how AIDS suddenly just appeared. Or cancer. What is preventing them from creating viruses? Nothing.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Shane Ellison has a masters degree in organic chemistry and is a two-time recipient of the prestigious Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Grant for his studies in biochemistry and physiology.

HHMI: Current and Past Award Database

All Programs
All Initiatives
All Years
All Status (Active & Inactive)
All States
All Countries

Search for Shane Ellison

No awards found matching search criteria.

You guys wanna point out those grants he was awarded? Cause on the surface, it sounds to me like he's lying through his teeth.

**EDIT**

Shane Elliot "The People's Chemist" received his degrees from Fort Lewis College in Colorado. Unfortunately, far from being a prestigious... Fort Lewis is a 4th Tier Liberal Arts collage which didn't even make it onto the US News & World Reports rankings among other Tier 4 schools.

Now, I didn't bother checking Eli Lilly for anything. Why bother at this point. I did a search at PubMed, and absolutely nothing comes up. He has never submitted anything to peer review apparently. Go figure.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Seems you are right. I couldnt find him or anyone resembling him in that database either.

Good initiative to search for him. I didnt know they had a searchable database.

He has a long history of writing articles about this topic though: Shane Ellison Archive.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
From his website:

www.thepeopleschemist.com...

Shane Ellison is "The People's Chemist." He has a BS in biology from Fort Lewis College and an MS in organic chemistry from Northern Arizona University. Dissatisfied with Big Pharma's aggressive push for 24/7/365 drug use and their unwillingness to acknowledge natural medicine, he abandoned his career as a medicinal chemist for Array BioPharma and Eli Lilly to start Health-FX Nutrition, an on-line nutraceuticals company that offers scientifically sound nutritional supplements free of fillers, sugars and artificial flavors.

In his background as a chemist in graduate school and industry, Shane specialized in the design and synthesis of amino acids, peptides as well as hormone replacement and anti-cancer drugs.

As an undergraduate, he was a two-time recipient of the prestigious Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Grant for his studies in biochemistry and physiology. Experience taught him a great deal about the effects of drugs on the body and the healing relationship we all have with naturally occurring products.

Perhaps, as an undergraduate the grant wasn't in his name?

In any case, he has written many, many articles and books on the subject of big pharma. He definitely is an advocate of questioning everything they do.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well, if the alumni directory at N Arizona U ever comes back online, we'll be able to check him out even further. Here's the link:

www.naualumni.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Perhaps, as an undergraduate the grant wasn't in his name?

On the HHMI Grant Award page, third option down, is the Undergraduate Educational category. These grants are awarded to institutions, not individuals.

HHMI Grant Award Search for Fort Lewis Collage, CO.

Two results for Fort Lewis Collage, with program directors listed as Dr. William R. Bartlett and Dr. Leslie Sommerville. Total grant awards: $1,300,000.

HHMI Grant Award Search for Norther Arizona University.

Two results for Northern Arizona University, with program directors listed as Fellow Mr. Paul John Schaeffer (No actual grant award was given for this one) and Dr. Paul S. Keim. Total grant awards: $1,200,000.

All of which were granted to undergraduate initiative programs, obviously.

So for Shane Ellison to suggest that HE was awarded these grants from HHMI is a bald-faced lie to artificially inflate his reputation and fool people into thinking he has more credentials than he actually does. He's relying on you buying his crap with an argument from authority.

In addition, I should also note that Northern Arizona University is also an unranked Tier 4 collage.

Further, he has apparently never made a single contribution to medical science. Regardless of whether he worked for a private or corporate lab, their findings must be published in the peer-review literature. This means that they were investigated by an outside source and the results verified before approval for publication. For example, here's a paper from the Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences which was written by a team of researchers at Eli Lilly.

Solid-state characterization of amorphous and mesomorphous calcium ketoprofen.
(Note that both the Institution as well as the researchers involved are listed.)

A PubMed search turns up "No items found" when searching for Shane Ellison.

A Pharmaceutical Company cannot bypass the Peer-Review process when pushing a new drug for the human market. All new drugs and treatments are required to pass pre-clinical (in vivo & animal tests), Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III clinical trials, as well as ongoing Phase IV post-marketing research. The applicant and patent holder for Drug Approval only preform the pre-clinical trials. Phase I to IV trial research are done by independent parties.

In any case, he has written many, many articles and books on the subject of big pharma.

Anybody can write a book. That doesn't mean anything. How many videos, talks, and books have Kent Hovind created? Does this mean he has a shred of credibility in his claims? Absolutely not.

top topics

join