It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Radioactive dust covers Eastern Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well i nearly spat coffee all over my monitor when i read this considering i was walking around in this the other day and it left a awful taste in my mouth.

A team of Australian scientists are analysing the dust that has engulfed eastern Australia this week to see whether it is dangerous. The dust storm is believed to have originated around Woomera in outback South Australia near the massive Olympic Dam uranium mine, prompting fears it was radioactive and dangerous.

The Age

there has been warnings about this happening for a while now, and i suspect even if this is a false alarm there still wont be anything done to fix the potential problem.

i guess if the toxic chemicals in our food dont kill us the radioactive will

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I can guarantee that there wont be that much trace elements in the dust. Im actually in Woomera, 74km's south of Olympic Dam. If there were radioactive isotopes in the dust, then literally us, broken hill and western NSW would all ready be glowing with radioactivity as we experience dust storms every few days in spring

Its funny how these things only seem important when they hit cities isnt it

[edit on 25/9/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

do you want to live forever?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

id be more concerned if it came from Maralinga, it may be trace amounts but it still cant be good for you.

a little bit here, a little bit there it all adds up

maybe i should just dig a hole and bury myself ... ah yes toxic chemicals in the soil damn that wont work either. We live a very toxic lifestyle it doesn't surprise me there are so many people i know dead or dying of cancer

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Living in Adelaide, South Australia, I'm in complete agreement with Ozweatherman that the "perceived" radioactive contamination of the red dust cloud that recently enveloped NSW and Qld is a complete non-issue and definitely nothing to get concerned about.

This is more than likely nothing more than just sensationalistic media reporting to get as much "mileage" out of the incident.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

not forever but i wouldn't mind living to at least 60, too many people i know haven't even made it that far.

there is something seriously wrong with the world today.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demandred

maybe i should just dig a hole and bury myself ... ah yes toxic chemicals in the soil damn that wont work either. We live a very toxic lifestyle it doesn't surprise me there are so many people i know dead or dying of cancer

I would be more worried about the chemicals and preservatives in the food. This is the way poisons are moistly ingested

Dont worry about the radioactive dust though.....like tauristercus said, its just an over-sensantionalised story

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

i hope your right.

normally i don't pay much heed to the MSM but it certainly got my spidey senses tingling ....

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It's true that many different contaniments could be among storms such as this and these types of storms do have detrimental health issues to some people, especially those with asthma type illnesses.
As you say, anything from radioactive dust, lead levels, different chemical compounds from farmland spraying, fumes and exhuast gases could travell along with such clouds.
Made me think about how easy it would be to infect mass population from invaders by using bio-chemical warfare through-out this country by wind power alone.
maybe it's time to pull out those gas masks hiding in the closets.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I live in Australia too, and a lot of utter nonsense has been made of these dust storms.

Australia is an extremely dry continent, and now going through the worst drought in well over a hundred years, and dust storms here are a continual occurrence,.

Foreigners love to create hysteria.
The best and most hilarious I have read so far, comes from Scorcha Faal, a Russian disinfo source that claims this Aussie dust storm is "The Blood of God" and originates from comet Neat..

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

new topics

top topics

join