It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot Burial Ground Found??????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
weeklyworldnews.com...

PORTLAND, OR – An archaeologist is finally returning to the secret Bigfoot burial ground she discovered 16 years ago!

The discovery of a gigantic burial mound in the Oregon wilderness in 1993 stunned scientists who said that the plot was littered with the bones of hundreds of Bigfoots – the most elusive creatures known to man.

“I simply cannot overstate the significance of this discovery,” Dr. Jan Margate told reporters at the time.

“The skulls and bones we have recovered from the mound belonged to creatures that stood up to 9 feet tall and weighed as much as 600 pounds.

“And our analysis of the remains confirms that they are neither ape nor human, but something in between. We still have more questions than answers.”

Even though she has announced a new expedition out to the site, Dr. Margate still refuses to pinpoint the location of the burial mound to avoid “a media circus.” In ‘93, she did say that her team found the first of the Bigfoot skeletons east of Seneca in the Malheur National Forest.

They began digging after finding an oddly large skull fragment, only to discover countless skeletons, each measuring between 8 and 9 feet tall.

DNA tests were run to confirm that the bones were not only not strictly human, but had be laid there over the past few centuries. This confirmed Margate’s theory that the area was a sacred burial ground for the Bigfoots.

Dr. Margate is now heading back into the wilderness to retrieve more skeletons, as well as any relics such as tools or bits of clothing.

“The fact that these creatures bury their dead indicates intelligence. If we can prove that they created or altered objects for use, we will have a very strong case for active preservation of the species.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out this story from a very reliable source

I doubt its true but i wish it is. Hopefully this strory gains some attention, then we may find out if this story is a hoax. Until then we dont know. enjoy.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Relentless.D]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I wonder due to that article [I love the weekly world news] if some of the supposed giant grave may be Bigfoot graves instead! I wonder if some find like in that article maybe pawned off as something else. Still cool find!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
thanks for the reply. yea this is a interesting story i wanted to share it with ATS see if theres anything too it.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Maybe she will find Bat boy tending to the graves and selling audio tours of the most famous of the Big Foot clan intered there

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is from the Weekly World News. A former supermarket tabloid that brought us Bat Boy, Heaven photographed with the Hubble telescope, and Abraham Lincoln was really a woman! Don't believe anything they say.

Pity this isn't true though, a find like that would be amazing. [Though, I don't think it'd take 16 years for it to break.]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
haha i know WW news isnt really reliable but its an interesting story compared to other tomfoolery they publish for the supermarket.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
" Dr. Jan Margate " ??????????????????????????????????

never heard of her

and more importantly , neither has google scholars ,

one would think that a professional archeologist with > 16 years carreeer would have left some paper tail

so " Dr. Jan Margate " is either a ficticious creation , or a nom de guerre . i would bet on the former - because why publish such a lurid and vague ` account ` of the find if you didnt want to stir up the ` media circus ` they claim to wish to avoid

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
That picture is the supposed proof? If they actually had a bigfoot skeleton they would be proudly showing it off in detail so everyone would know it's real.
Batboy is still on the loose I see, I take great comfort in knowing that.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I don't understand how at first the article reads that the bones 'aren't human, nor ape, but something in between' and then goes on to say that they are definately 'strictly' human proven by DNA testing?

That really smells funny to me!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
" Dr. Jan Margate " ??????????????????????????????????

never heard of her

and more importantly , neither has google scholars ,

one would think that a professional archeologist with > 16 years carreeer would have left some paper tail

so " Dr. Jan Margate " is either a ficticious creation , or a nom de guerre . i would bet on the former - because why publish such a lurid and vague ` account ` of the find if you didnt want to stir up the ` media circus ` they claim to wish to avoid

bullhead

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
if its a hoax...more bigfoot hoaxes to come...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I can't wait till the day when a REAL bigfoot is actually discovered and everyone's laughing their bottoms off because it will be a hoax.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Just for perspective ... from that same, eh "news" source ....
Palin bags a big foot!

WASILLA, AK – Records and eyewitnesses have come to light that prior to announcing her candidacy for the Vice Presidency; Sarah Palin shot a Bigfoot from a helicopter. A government helicopter was seen flying low over the Chugach National Park with what witnesses described as “a sexy librarian shooting out the side.” Employees at a local bait shop report seeing a similar woman only hours before carrying an infant in a camouflage Baby Bjorn. The Bigfoot, or Sasquatch as it is known in scientific circles, was found dead on the outskirts of the park, just south of Wasilla, Alaska. Preliminary forensics reports confirm that an adult male Sasquatch was shot in the face with Palin’s trademark 5mm M4 Carbine Assault Rifle. Environmental groups are in an uproar at the hunting death of a rare and notoriously reclusive species. Efforts to have the Sasquatch placed on the endangered species list have met with repeated opposition from state legislature, since protecting the ‘Missing Link’ could be seen as validating evolution. Conservatives have immediately rallied to their party’s new star, citing that gun ownership and hunting are indelible parts of American culture. Indeed this point is hard to argue, as John Adams was notorious for having captured what he called a “Skunk Ape” and killing it with his bare hands on the White House lawn in front of a paying audience.

[edit on 2009-8-29 by EnhancedInterrogator]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Definitely a hoax IMO.

Aside from the suspect nature of the source, I think I would have heard SOMETHING about the find of a bigfoot graveyard nearby on the local news(I live in Portland). That would be the kind of thing that just might make the news.

[edit on 29-8-2009 by Core90]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Bigfoot graveyard, quite possible.

OP is dead on about Bigfoots being neither ape nor human, because they are indeed not terrestrial of Earth. Some more info FYI

Bigfoot, I love this topic.

Some facts about Bigfoot, in no particular order, which are all related nonetheless.

1) Bigfoot are an endangered species and must be elusive for that reason.
2) They wont be found unles if its meant to be found.
3) Most people who have seen bigfoot have had a close encounter that was erased but they just dont know how lucky they were.
4) Bigfoot are not related to humans.
5) Live in ships, underground, surface, and in space stations above Mars.
6) Sasquatch - Martians
7) Cannot travel between dimensions
8) The ships that they are on travel between the planets are tagged and monitored (by god knows who).
9) Only a select few are allowed to come to Earth though
10) They probably think humans smell
11) They throw rocks as warnings, but the other alternative is much worse
12) Fur coats = chillider on Mars
13) Probably work for the maintenance department when the war was lost on Mars

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Dont know if anyone has seen this,

paranormal.about.com...

very good story..

join