It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu UK should we start to worry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
flutracker.rhizalabs.com...

Check out the UK.

Now this country is not very big, and if it's like that now what the hell is it going to be like when the real flu season comes around in less than a month?

Should i even go to my town?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Are you serious? Stop watching the TV and get out and live your life. This swine flu is less powerful than the common cold which kills thousands every year.

It is been blown out of proportion as a fear tactic to get people to line up for these so called vaccines which I will add is the real killer. It is all part of a major plan to vastly reduce the population of the planet and to bring in a world police state. So If you submit and take the vaccine then you better make your peace.

I for one will fight kill anyone who tries to inject that crap in me or my family.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ANTHONY33

One day they tell us 100,000 a day will be infected by the end of August, next we hear cases are dropping. this reveals the level of hype surrounding this pandemic. From what my doctor tells me, it's nothing to worry about, i'd probably feel worse getting normal flu.

Its very difficult to know what to believe with the government ramping this thing up. I think it's been a great way of diverting attention away from the economy and give us all something extra to fear.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Considering the amount of cases being diagnosed over the phone, by people with absolutely no medical training what so ever, I would give no credence to the "official" figures. I know of a couple of people now who have apparently had it, and they are both perfectly fine. Unless you are already at deaths door, the swine flu, or any flu for that matter, is nothing of grave concern.

Edit: No pun intended.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by quackers]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Looking at that tracker, it looks pretty scary, but you have to keep in mind, that although a tragedy on an individual basis, for the victims and their families and loved ones, it's only 2500 fatalities worldwide.

More people are regularly killed, in the UK alone each year through medical or surgical negligence.

I'd be willing to bet that more people die as a result of complications with toasters each year than have been killed by this virus so far.

I'd be more worried about the 'vaccine' if i were you.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ANTHONY33

You and me both Anthony.

What though...are you going to do, or me or anyone else for that matter, if this does become compulsory, and an APC pulls up at the end of every street in your town or village, a group of armed squaddies jump out and start going house to house, to find victims..i mean patients to inject?

How will you fight trained and armed soldiers, breaking through your doors or windows?

Not being glib or anything, i really would like to know how people are planning for something like this? If not the army, it could just as easily be armed police, so same scenario really.

(Don't forget, we don't have guns in the UK, so a firefight or last stand kinda thing is out)

Those of us with kids, are not going to want to subject them to possibly being harmed by this sort of action...so what can we do from a practical point of view. I wouldn't have thought harsh words and claims of human rights to deny medical treatments are going to wash to be honest.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
A lot of people i know have had it and it's not even as bad as normal flu.

You should only worry if you are pregnant have a weak immune system or are old and fragile.

If your healthy and decide to take the tamiflu vaccine your a mug.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Agreed the dictatorship we are subjected to in the uk is truly alarming, but I can't see the govt here making the vaccine mandatory.
It would cause anarchy, actually forcing people to have it.

No, I believe they will keep cranking up the fear factor to give the people the false belief that the vaccine is their only salvation and protection from this "deadly killer "flu.

That way they achieve their end goal without all the unrest and possible repercussions that could have.
Whatever happens no way am I having it---I just hope people can see through the propaganda and lies.
also what a wonderful wag the dog this is for tptb

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The government has been trying to scare the bejesus out of us for the last years by saying that evil terrorists were going to kill us all and now they've changed tact and have decided long before the terrorists get us the flu will have long finished us off! In reality the ordinary common cold will, and has been for the decades, killing the weak and elderly just as I expect Swine Flu to. The thing is as the winter progresses the media will report every single Swine Flu fatality to scare you into taking Tamiflu. Don't be fooled!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Yes, fear is the biggest weapon in the governments arsenal.
A nation in fear is a nation easier to manipulate and control for sure.
as you say, they used the terrorism threat to scare everyone senseless and now the threat of pig flu is the next scare tactic in progress.

We have nothing to fear except the fearmongering.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today
Agreed the dictatorship we are subjected to in the uk is truly alarming, but I can't see the govt here making the vaccine mandatory.
It would cause anarchy, actually forcing people to have it.

Few people in Britain appear to know that we already have had mandatory vaccinations in this country and it did not lead to anarchy. I am referring to the law passed in 1853 requiring everyone in the British Empire to have a smallpox vaccination. Considering that the vaccine created a more potent form of the disease that broke out in major epidemics from time to time it is not surprising that this policy was unpopular. About 2000 people in Britian every year were fined or imprisoned for refusing to have themselves or their children vaccinated. Thus the authorities can enforce mandatory vaccinations on the vast majority of the population without provoking anarchy. However, this time it may be different.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Whats odd to me is that the total worldwide death toll from H1N1 has not yet topped 5000 people yet it is being touted as a a huge threat.
This article says that Americans will need 160 million doses of vaccine at some point. This is a huge sum of cash for a few big pharma companies, just here in the U.S., the world wide potential for profit is huge. GlaxoSmithKline will provide 290 million doses worldwide.
www.cnn.com...

[edit on 23-8-2009 by jameslewin]

[edit on 23-8-2009 by jameslewin]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
You and me both Anthony.

What though...are you going to do, or me or anyone else for that matter, if this does become compulsory, and an APC pulls up at the end of every street in your town or village, a group of armed squaddies jump out and start going house to house, to find victims..i mean patients to inject?

How will you fight trained and armed soldiers, breaking through your doors or windows?

Not being glib or anything, i really would like to know how people are planning for something like this? If not the army, it could just as easily be armed police, so same scenario really.

They don't need armed squaddies to make you pay your taxes, do they? The threat of fines and impisonment would be enough to make people comply. However, civil disobediance on a large enough scale could cause a crisis for the government that would require the assistance of the army to round up vaccine refusers up and put them in concentration camps. I think that at this stage the British government would baulk at such a scenario, but remember the globalists told George Green that depopulation was an objective to be achieved 'at all costs'.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by antiphase

Thanks for the info on smallpox---I did'nt realise that it was a mandatory vaccination.
But times are different now and in those days people were much more naive and unaware than they are now.
I guess they trusted TPTB.
But thanks to sites like ATS and the informative power of the net, to force unwilling people to have a mandatory vaccine would be political suicide.
And a lot of people would fight if they had to in order to resist, me being one of them.
IMHO I just can't see it happening.

join