It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York State REQUIRES Swine Flu Vaccination for Caregivers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It's gonna start getting REAL ugly REAL quick...This is the first state I've heard of that is to REQUIRE health care workers to get the h1n1 shots...49 more states to go....

The New York State Health Department is REQUIRING tens of thousands of health care workers across the state to be vaccinated for flu, amid fears that swine flu will return in the fall.

NY to healthcare personnel: Get all the flu shots (H1N1 too)

Published: August 18, 2009
The State Health Department is requiring tens of thousands of health care workers across the state to be vaccinated for flu, amid fears that swine flu will return in the fall.

The new regulation, quietly adopted as an emergency on Thursday, affects workers at hospitals, in home health care agencies and in hospice care, but, because of a technicality in state law, not in nursing homes.

The regulation raised protest Tuesday from New York’s largest health care union, 1199 S.E.I.U. United Healthcare Workers East, whose president, George Gresham, said that the policy was “completely unprecedented” and could become punitive if the religious or cultural beliefs of workers prevented them from being vaccinated.

“Health care workers on the front lines of providing care deserve the dignity and respect of thoughtful consideration before a regulation like this can just be rushed through and put into effect,” Mr. Gresham said.

Until now, flu vaccination has been voluntary, and fewer than half of health care workers have been vaccinated in a typical season, state health officials said.

The new regulation, which REQUIRES vaccination against seasonal flu AND the H1N1 virus, would affect workers and volunteers who come into direct contact with patients, including nurses, doctors and aides, and even nonmedical staff members like food service workers if they enter a patient’s room, a Health Department spokeswoman, Diane Mathis, said.

Ms. Mathis declined to comment on Mr. Gresham’s criticism, but said that health officials had met with the union and other professional associations to discuss the proposal before it was adopted.

She said that vaccination was “clearly a patient safety issue.”

www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 19-8-2009 by smilinggrandma]

[edit on 19-8-2009 by smilinggrandma]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smilinggrandma

Just Wow. I wonder if that would be an effective way of actually kicking off a pandemic. Infect the people who have the most contact with the largest amount of people with a live virus in a set of vaccines? I just do not trust WHO,FDA (remember all the drug recalls over the past few years) nor HHS. IMO Run, Don't walk, Run away from this vaccine.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Since 9/11 NYC and New York State have lived under a "dark star". If they want to destroy themselves, let them.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I read about the NY State Nurse Association objection in a major paper a few days ago but this is the only link I can find that gives the actual reasons I read previously. link

The New York State Nurses Association has strongly opposed a regulation that would require every healthcare worker in the state to be immunized for influenza.

“The seasonal flu vaccine is not 100 percent effective and sometimes is highly ineffective, as it was in 2005 and 2007,” Avery said. “There is no guarantee that in any given year, the public will benefit from mandatory immunization of healthcare providers.”

“There is no exemption for religious or cultural preferences regarding immunization, effectively blocking individuals who have these beliefs from earning their livelihood,” Avery said. “It’s possible that nurses will leave the profession or choose another career because of this onerous mandate; a serious threat at a time when the shortage of nurses in New York State is expected to reach 20,000 within a decade.”

So the state pays no attention and thinks strong arming them will get them to comply.

With there shortage of nurses they can get a job anywhere or just wait till flu season is over and go back to work at another local hospital.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I've talked tp a lot of nurses throughout the U.S. Most say they will walk off the job before they are getting ANY shots this Fall...They say, after/if it all blows over, they will get a job back in the medical field...Could get real interesting.....

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver

Just Wow. I wonder if that would be an effective way of actually kicking off a pandemic. Infect the people who have the most contact with the largest amount of people with a live virus in a set of vaccines? I just do not trust WHO,FDA (remember all the drug recalls over the past few years) nor HHS. IMO Run, Don't walk, Run away from this vaccine.

No offense, but where in the world do you people dig up these ideas? Aside from the gaping logistical holes in this theory, why would you think they would try to infect us on purpose? Oh yea.. the super-secret NWO with their "kill everyone with the most dangerous way possible!" theories.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Originally posted by ohioriver

No offense, but where in the world do you people dig up these ideas? Aside from the gaping logistical holes in this theory, why would you think they would try to infect us on purpose? Oh yea.. the super-secret NWO with their "kill everyone with the most dangerous way possible!" theories.

I know you're a troll Fleabait, but just for the record perhaps you should do some research on your own.

Here's a couple of articles to help you on your journey away from ignorance:

Here is two independent sources (one an international journalist, the other a microbioligist arrested yesterday by the FBI and immediately deported out of the country)

YOU DO THE MATH!

The would-be bomber, Joseph
Wed, 08/19/2009 - 21:16 — Anonymous (not verified)
The would-be bomber, Joseph Moshe, called into the Dr True Ott Show on Republic Broadcasting and said he was a microbiologist who wanted to hand over evidence to a States Attorney regarding tainted H1N1 vaccines being produced by Baxter pharmaceutical. He claimed that that Baxter’s lab in the Ukraine was in fact preparing a bioweapon disguised as a vaccine. He maintained that the vaccine contained both adjuvants designed to weaken the immune system, and replicated RNA from the virus responsible for the 1918 global pandemic. That’s it. He made no threat against Obama, nor said anything about bombs or any attack. The following day he was hauled out of his red VW beetle by a SWAT team and arrested. He was immediately extradited to Israel, where he has dual-citizenship, and hasn’t been heard from since. All this talk portraying him as being a rightwing nutcase is disinformation designed to keep his disturbing comments from alarming the public."

www.truthout.org...

So he's a crazy right wing nut job, right? Wrong! May I introduce you to renouned international journalist, Jane Burgmeister. You've most likely never heard of her, since the media in the US has done everything in their power to bury her investigative journalist findings. However, she actually filed a criminal lawsuit against the United Nations, Baxter, and the World Health Orginzation to name a few.

www.youtube.com...

About Jane Burgermeister

Here is her story and her own testimony. Read em and weep!

Jane Burgermeister was born in Switzerland of an Irish mother and an Austrian father. She is a dual Irish/Austrian national and lives in Vienna, Austria.

With an MA Honours degree from Edinburgh University, Scotland, she has written for Nature, the British Medical Journal, The Scientist, Reuters Health, and The Guardian among other publications.

She was European Correspondent for the website of Renewable Energy World, a position from which she was suddenly dismissed in July 2009 after filing a series of criminal charges against Baxter, WHO and others alleging bioterrorism with the intent to commit mass murder.

For all charges check out:
wakenews.net...

For expert information about vaccines and the damage they cause, check out Dr Rebecca Carley’s website:

www.drcarley.com.

The focus of the action is an episode in February 2009 when Baxter’s Austrian subsidiary distributed 72 kilos of vaccine material contaminated with live bird flu virus to sixteen laboratories, a case now being investigated by the Austrian police after criminal charges were filed in April 8th in Vienna.

More charges were filed with the FBI (US embassy, Vienna) in June.

Canadian doctor Ghislaine Lanctot — who has written a book, The Medical Mafia´– supported these charges against the WHO, the UN, and several high ranking government and corporate officials.

www.prisonplanet.com...

Audio Interview July 14, 2009 with Jane Burgermeister
www.americanfreedomradio.com...

Audio Interview July 21, 2009 with Jane Burgermeister
www.americanfreedomradio.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I'm really starting to think that there is a biological microchip or deadly virus or something equally as bad in the shots...

incredible times we live in indeed

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Warrenb I agree!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Fleabit is definitely not a troll.

I agree with her/him completely.

If you really think the government want us all dead then they are using reverse physiology.

Scare the people into not taking the vaccine. This would give the government more credibility when those vaccinated survived and those that refuse the vaccine become ill and die.

"They are effectively turning the fighters and caring people into sheep.

I guess logical reasoning has been lost on the multitudes.
"They" are trying to instill fear in the very people who would possibly stand up to the bad guys.

"They" are causing strong willed people to believe they are in danger if they receive the vaccine. Cute trick. Very smart of the powers that be.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Here we go...well I provided quite a bit of information that says other wise.

I'll wait here for your supporting evidence to prove me wrong.

Do some research hon, I promise it will do you good. There's alot of great threads on here that clearly show how vaccinations are worthless.

Thanks for your contribution.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

A lot of medical people are going to walk.

Me included.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yes, I agree...I've been talking mostly to nurses....but I should have said all aspects of the medical field....They/You are the front line defense....I don't blame you for walking IF you HAVE to take the shot(s)...I'm not taking it either.

join