It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Play the new swine flu game online!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It seems we can now go online and play The Great Flu. I have checked it out and it is quite intriguing. Is this a way for tptb to have fun at our expense? I find it all very chilling and telling.

Swine flu inspires new video game
www.google.com...

To fight the emerging outbreak, players use measures including setting up surveillance systems, stockpiling antivirals and vaccines, and closing schools and airports. Players also have a limited budget and are warned that "your actions to control the virus cost money, so keep an eye on it." A running tally of the numbers of people infected and those who have died sit above the budget. Newspaper stories about the deadly virus and the global response to it — like riots breaking out worldwide — pop up to help players monitor the outbreak. Messages from governments mirror the difficulties faced by international agencies like WHO. For instance, when players set up costly surveillance systems, the game often relays a message from governments that "we will comply with your directions...but we must inform you that the political support for this action is low in this region. Therefore, the effectiveness of the system may differ from your expectations."

Here is the link to the actual online game. It is a must play.
www.thegreatflu.com...

[edit on 17-8-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
No one found this interesting? That the very flu they are promoting is now a video game and we are encouraged to check it out? Read the article then decide to check it out. This is significant people. There is a reason for this.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Wow, I have yet to play it but I will when I get home. I wonder if there is anything suspicious in this game?

And, yes, I find this very interesting. S&F

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I failed terribly at this game, and everyone died. I guess that's what is going to happen when a game-illiterate individual tries his hand at one...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I guess its a good thing that i dont run things, cause i got everyone killed. I dont know if you can win at the game. Maybe i should have reread the instructions.lol

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I dont know if you can win at the game.

I just won against the Kai virus with less than 5000 deaths worldwide. It's very possible to win, though it does seem excessively scripted, and the news events don't correlate to the game very well. I saw riots about "planned measures" in countries that I had performed no actions in, I was given a video telling me that my stockpiled anti-virals might not be effective even though I had never stockpiled any, and once I was given the "virus contained, no new cases reported in days" report came, I still managed to get a couple hundred thousand new cases over several days before it gave me the victory event.

Hint: Most actions can be performed multiple times for a stacking effect.

I'll try against the other viruses.

UPDATE:
268 deaths vs Golden virus. Winning strategy seems to be to simply wait for the outbreak, then dispatch all three research teams and max heathcare and research to the infected area, then max facemasks and "inform civilians" in that region, and all adjacent regions to minimize the spread. Wait for the first death, then close down markets and schools. Then sit back and wait until you win.

UPDATE:
I've now beat all five viruses. Strategy is basically the same, though it helps a lot to inform people andpass out masks before the outbreak begins. If you're fast, you can inform and give masks to almost the entire planet before the first infection.

UPDATE:
...umm...ok. Out of curiosity I just went back and tried again against the Kai virus, and did absolutely nothing the entire game. A vaccine was developed anyway, and I "won" after 33 days with ~17 million dead. By doing absolutely nothing.

*shrug*

[edit on 17-8-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
they can kiss my butt.

sickos.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I agree with you dgtempe. This is an awful thing to lay on an already shaken public. Especially seeing as there is no way to win.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I chose the most deadly and didn't do anything, the result? 275 million dead out of 2.5 billion infected, a death rate of about 11%.

The game automatically "saved the day" by developing an effective vaccine, the only way to stop a flu virus (sarcasm intended).

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This program has a serious glitch. It's not counting the resistance of the humans against non existing named viruses and also I can't control the media. All the population are sheep and accepting everything what I say. So, there is no difficulty in it. Also, I can't play my favorite H1N1 campaign and I can't control Baxter. WE WANT PATCH!

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Sharrow]

join