It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A World Without Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
ONE PICTURE EQUALS TO A THOUSAND WORDS
OR SO THEY SAY...

I say : OR EVEN MORE!

So how about a video of thousands of pictures and words??????

You might be overwhelmed...

In any way do not ask me about the reason for this thread.

IT IS EVIDENT

Google Video Link

My message:

... .- ...- . / - .... . / .-- --- .-. .-.. -.. / .- -. -.. / ... .- ...- . / -.-- --- ..- .-. ... . .-.. ...- . ...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It's not a youtube video this time, you must have already posted them all...

Thanks

[edit on 13-8-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Oh but he wants us to watch the entire video!

But ya an hour long. Dang I'll have to come back to this when I make dinner or something when I'll have an hour to stop typing (cuz i'll be eating).

I'll keep it on my radar until I get a chance to see what it is you want to show us.

In the meantime maybe you should tell us a little bit about it? Thanks.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

reply to post by muzzleflash

LoL
LoL

Hey guys! I am only doing as best as i can to convey a message!
If it takes the whole of youtube to convey this one then let it be!
Its just that those films are expressing me so much that i let them do the talking for me.

So i am sorry if it is not convenient to all but this is as good as i can be right now!

Did i mention?

I just prepared a similar thread.

Changing Climate, Changing Times - A future insight, A few questions and A Must Watch Film

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
OK, three minutes in, and I have some questions already before I proceed.

I noticed every time the people needing water are shown, they are trekking through what appears to be a desert or at least semi-arid climate. Why are they living in areas where there is no water? Do they hope that this will change? Has the area changed into a desert as of late?

Deserts do not have water. That is a known fact. If you have no water, and you cannot get water to where you are, then you have two choices: leave or die.

Secondly, there is a huge water treatment plant right there at the family's home. Why is it they cannot get water? Is the water not for sale? If not, why? If so, why can the family not do something to get the water?

They are trekking to an 'undependable well'. Why is this well undependable? Does it need repair? Is the water table too low for it? Has the water table changed of late?

I would love to know more about this, but as has been mentioned, I do not have over an hour to sit and watch something that appears to create more questions than answers in my mind. How about just telling us what is wrong and what you think needs to be done, without the sad music and emotional images? All those do is make people feel sad, not make them want to help. To accomplish that, you need a plan.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

More people need to watch this.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

Deserts do not have water. That is a known fact. If you have no water, and you cannot get water to where you are, then you have two choices: leave or die.

Deserts have oasis's.

Likewise deserts are dynamic ecosystems that change. As is evidenced in the Sahara and other arid environments.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it to much . there's plenty of huge chunks of frozen water floating about in our universe.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I've been flamed for this before, so bring it on.

Access to clean water is a human right. Not something to be bestowed based on a persons economic status. Corporations and governments have made it a commodity to be bought and sold.

Right here in the U.S. access to clean water is restricted by your ability to pay for it, even though, the gov't, which is supposed to be us, owns all the water rights, even the rain that falls on your roof.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Deserts have oasis's.

Likewise deserts are dynamic ecosystems that change.

True, on both counts.

My concern is this: untold multitudes of people are right now attempting to live in some of the most hostile locations on earth. Charities presently spend millions just to ship needed supplies in to them. Would it not be easier to either move the people in need to a better location (and there are better locations available) or to use technology to overcome the needs where they are in a permanent fashion?

Specifically, why has someone not helped them to drill a well closer to their homes? Why has there been little to no obvious attempts to make their life better by introducing some sort of economy to the area? And if these things are impossible due to physical reasons, why not move them to a more suitable environment? Any of these options would seem to be better and more economical in the long run than simply giving them bottled water or making videos that in themselves do nothing to help their plight.

====================================
reply to post by Tinman67

Access to clean water is a human right. Not something to be bestowed based on a persons economic status. Corporations and governments have made it a commodity to be bought and sold.

Not to flame you, but to state my opinion:

A commodity cannot be a right. for a commodity to be a right, it would have to be free to everyone who wanted it. Since someone has to build water treatment plants, it is clearly impossible for their product ('cleaned' water) to be available freely to anyone who wanted it. Someone has to pay for the labor and materials to construct said plant, or we have an instance of slavery.

Water, being a physical material, is most certainly a commodity and therefore cannot by definition be a right.

Some states have laws that prohibit denial of drinking water to individuals if it is available. I do agree with those. There's something just morally wrong with denying a drink of water to a thirsty human being.

Right here in the U.S. access to clean water is restricted by your ability to pay for it, even though, the gov't, which is supposed to be us, owns all the water rights, even the rain that falls on your roof.

Do you have some links or references to show that? As I understand it, the water that flows under my land is mine, with the singular exception that I cannot prevent it from following its natural course in order to deny it to someone else.

In other words, I have the right to construct a well (not a right to have a well, mind you, but the right to construct one at my own expense) to access the water that is underneath me. I do not have the right to dig up my property and pour a concrete water barrier that would prevent my neighbor from doing the same. The stream behind my house can be dammed up by me and used for any reasonable purpose, i.e. a water source, a geothermal sink, or a small hydroelectric production station. I cannot dam it up, however, if doing so denies the same basic rights to the person who owns the land just downstream.

I think you may be thinking abiout the ongoing battle in the western states where meltwater from one state is commonly used to provide water to another state. It is typical to hear about the source state doing something that denies water rights to the state downstream. That is simply legal wrangling used to get the water needed by the various communities and does not reflect individual law.

At least, as I stated, that is my understanding.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

A lot of the 3rd worlds plight is due to lack of education.

They could build a slow sand filter for particulate matter.

en.wikipedia.org...

Slow sand filters still see some use in the UK.

And then use the SODIS method for UV sterilization of water.

en.wikipedia.org...

Or if they need distilled water, a solar still.

www.thefarm.org...

The could get water up the hill with solar power.

A simple solar oven can make steam, and turn a centrifugal pump.

Old satelitte dish used to make solar cooker

A closed loop steam system using distilled water would be used.

Shading their pool would slow evaporation.

Where there is a lot of plant life there is likely water and a good place
to dig a well, some ppl are going around to 3rd world countries and
showing them how to make their own well.

EMAS well drilling by hand

We just need to send out teams to show ppl how to do this, and
how to make the rigs, you dont have to have a section of
CB tower to do it either, lol.

Can use a simple lever mechanism as well mounted on a tripod.

These ppl do a great job getting water to the poor too.

waterforallinternational.org...

If there are any places that have problems that ppl still know of
just put them in touch with these ppl and they can get something
worked out for them.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

new topics

top topics

join