It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Country clean-up project - Let's do it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
In 2008, 50.000 volunteers cleaned up ALL of the illegal waste in Estonia IN ONLY 1 DAY.
It's awe inspiring. It shows not only that we are capable of doing something about our own situation in this planet but also that together the people are infinitely more powerful and efficient than any private organization or even the government.

I had so many ideas after watching this video.
For instance, what if we took one work-day away and exchange it for a volunteer-day?
Nowadays people are so preoccupied with themselves, so afraid of not having everything they supposedly need that they don't even realize they are part of everything else. One day per week of focusing on something that is not ourselves would do incredible change on our mindsets!

Now, although this project in Estonia looks all good in the video, I wonder what happened with all the trash gathered. Anyways, whatever happened with it doesn't take away the proof of the magic and power of so many consciousness being focused into only one thing!

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Do you mean in the US?

Have you seen how much trash there is? I bet with 2 million people out there "cleaning up" we'd end up overloading the capacity of landfills, and just have to dump the trash back where we found it to solve the trash crisis.

In Amerika, they'd probably offer a cash for trash program and then hire private contractors for millions-on-the-dollar to illegally dump all the trash in the same place they dumped it last time.

And another thing, even if we did manage to clean up the entire country with a massive effort? How long do you think it'll be before it ends up looking like it did before the cleanup? I give it one weekend and it'll be back to where we were.

It might work outside the US, but people here are so dumb that they'll probably leave more trash than they pick up and everywhere that people gather in mass to "clean up" will end up looking like the site of a Pearl Jam concert. People will also go to extreme measures to "clean", using things like heavy equipment and out of sight, out of mind philosophy to just bury trash and further scar the landscape. We'd probably end up wiping out a few entire species from habitat destruction using our senseless overkill that we usually use.

To really solve any problem we've got to stop throwing trash everywhere, and to the point of even generating so much trash that it's disposal is even possible. I refuse to clean up until the rest stop dumping their crap everywhere.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well! When I was last in Manila, people just threw their trash on the ground. This would certainly work there. However, here people mostly put their empty softdrink cups in the trash can. And what does find its' way down, is systematically cleaned up. And so it is on tv, so I am rather surprised that this cleanliness has not caught on world-wide. However, there is still one rather important piece of trash that we allow to remain; bureaurats, gangbangers, and lawyers. So we do have some cleaning up to do. However, as armed as we are, we are nowhere armed enough to counter the thugs in office today. And so they are trying to imprison and eliminate those who could be a threat to the ptb's power and control.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Gregarious]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Just to make it clear, I'm not proposing that we ought to do the same in the US.
I was just amazed by how so many people can come together to make something work.

I posted it in this section because the original project had to do with environmental issues, but I was more excited about the power of consciousness.

new topics

top topics

join