It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bear Lake Monster Encounter.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Clicky, clicky...

During the summer of 2002, Capt. Hirschi had the most terrifying experience of his life.
While anchoring the boat at sunset a couple hundred yards offshore in about 40 feet of water, Hirschi saw two dark humps appear astern. "The small ripples in the lake were breaking against the humps making them stand out," Hirschi recalled, and he thought it was a lost water ski and its boots. Then the humps disappeared below the surface.
"I thought this was strange," he said, "but I had seen stranger things on the lake."
Something scraped the bottom of the Monster Boat, lifting it out of the water -- and an 8,000-pound boat "doesn't just get lifted out of the water easily."
Suddenly, not 50 feet away, a huge animal shot out of the water, creating enormous waves that rocked the boat violently. "I grabbed the rail to keep my balance as I tried to keep an eye on whatever had just come out of the water," he reported. It was a serpentine creature about as long as his 65-foot craft. "It had a skin color of dark slimy-green, beet-red eyes, and sort of a mist coming out of its nose," Hirschi claimed. "At first it made low throaty rumbling snarls and then finally a terrible squeal like a roaring bull as it submerged back into the water."

I've been to Bear Lake but, I haven't ever seen the Monster. I think it's just a publicity stunt. After all, everyone from Utah knows about the Bear Lake Monster.
Are there sea monster myths about every lake? The whole idea of a monster in Bear Lake, makes me think that there must be.
Do you guys know of anymore local lake monster stories from where you live?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Almost any lake big enough to feasibly contain an ecosystem capable of supporting something that large has had a report of these random monsters, many of them being described alike, and often they are not made by crazies, but people who doubted the thing existed for them to see. How may citings/mythological stories are recorded throughout history of the krakken--a giant squid--before we found outhte truth that they DO exist? While I may not believe this particular story and have never seen the thing to believe in it, I'm not going to say it isn't so as soon as any story is reviewed. Short of draining out the entire lake, you will never know for sure.

But you are right, this does seem a bit too fantastic/timely to be real.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Near seattle, WA, in a lake called Lake Washington (where we swim 2-3 times a week :cool
, back in the 20's I believe, they found a 27 ft sturgeon
I think that may qualify as a lake monster. supposedly it was blamed for tipping a few small fishing rowboats and #. Don't think it's credited with any fatalities though.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
'Nother article. tv.ksl.com... I still think it's fake. I like the boat though.

top topics

join