It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel this is proof that W.O.W is affecting teenagers minds.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Here's the 3 other videos about this guys freakouts. I don't think they're fake, but if they are he's a pretty good actor...

Here he is sceaming at his computer because he keeps getting killed by a team mate (secretly his brother). He eventually threatens to kill the person and "eat his first born child"

Here he is screaming at the microwave and his mom. You get a glimpse of what his poor parents have to endure... every day...

Annnnd here he is smashing his fathers guitar because his little bro teased him

This guy had these anger problems before WOW and will continue to have them his whole life.. I'm just glad for his parents sake that hes the type that deals with his anger by hurting himself and not others, or his family would probably have been murdered a while ago...

[edit on 8/3/2009 by ben420]

[edit on 8/3/2009 by ben420]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Dear God. The fact that some of you are even suggesting that a particular video game has some sort of uh.. subconscious effect to make you keep playing forever is just.. lol. It's a video game. All video games can be addicting. World of Warcraft is just a really good one. The thing is, there is nothing special going on here.

Some people go crazy when they lose the things they were addicted to.

I can't believe this thread has so many replies LOL. This is ridiculous, and it's not a conspiracy at all.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by debunky

That is a good point. Why should he flip out over the Bayern game if that's what it is? But really, Bayern (and even the best teams in the world) may not have a chance like that again for a decade or two. After hitting the crossbar once, and having another clear chance barely missed. It is actually a rare match. In fact I'd bet there really hasn't been one like it, where one team totally outplays the other, only to lose after 5 minutes of last minute brilliance by the other team. That probably doesn't get at your question really, but at the base of that is a question nobody can answer (Why do people go so far as to cry about moving pictures on a tv screen that aren't real?)

Towards the topic, it's all very related. The odds of your favorite team winning the cup, and the odds of your character getting into a nice solid group that can consistently complete the quest/goal. A kid could spend weeks literally, trying to get into said group, though they obviously have things to do to pass the time enjoyably as they try. Hopefully they realize that and make it lighthearted and fun for themselves, but this does not happen always in reality.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Excellent analogy. Sadly only a few will understand. They may harp on the difference in "real life" and virtual worlds, but in the end what most know as real life is only a fleeting illusion of their own ego and desires. So you have those who worship "real life" but don't see how similar it is to the MMORPG world they so despise, excellent. They don't see how their own treadmill is like the same treadmill they make fun of.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soulhacking
I used to play wow and I don't anymore and never will ever again. A friend started and so I decided to play with him and it was a horrible experience that ended in with me beating walls and smashing several keyboard to pieces and throwing them at walls.

May i suggest anger lesson. I've been playing Wow for over two years and have never broken a single piece of equipment and i Levelled up with the toughest class. aka a priest.

I have never ever been so angry or engulfed in full blown rage in my entire life then the times I've played it. Its the way the game is designed its made to drive you insane That unreal kid was nowhere near as angry as I've been..

Then you must really suck at the game.

I would participate in player vs player games in order to get equipment (armor and swords). You are forced to actively participate in what are called battlegrounds or arenas to get honor points to buy the stuff. The way they had the game set up someone could walk up to you and kill you dead over and over with no way to fight back.

My god man... you must really suck. I have a priest and i can defeat pallys, warlocks, warriors, mages and occasionaly rogues if i play my character correctly.

Here is an example a warlock comes near you he casts fear dot fear again fear again ,

Basically use 'every man for himself' to dispel the fear and then get someone to cast dispel on you to get rid of the dot. Easy. Or simply buy a pvp trinket to boost your resilience to such magic.

you die or a priest uses brainwashing on you and makes your avatar jump off a cliff ala assisted suicide. Now put up with that 60 hours a week to get one piece of equipment. By end of one week you are already on the edge of mental breakdown.

Seriously, i can imagine why you get violent.... because you suck. And i'm the type of priest who uses mind control to get those Tauren warriors to dive off cliffs.

If you are too angry or violent to figure out the maths involved then WOW isn't for you.

Seriously, i was healing instances as shadow spec and raiding in PVP gear and i've survived...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I found it very difficult to watch that german kid.... if that was my son I would honestly beat the p*ss out of him. That is just not normal... it looked like he was possessed or something. That kid must suffer from some sort of mental disorder.

The first vid related to W.O.W must be fake though... the six other freak out vids by the same author prove this.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981
I found it very difficult to watch that german kid....

The German Kid video is an act. And a pretty funny one at that.

If you think that's bad, check out what happened to Hitler when Blizzard banned him from WOW...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Many of the video freak outs that you see are staged. However, there are quite of few that aren't. It really blows my mind when I see somebody completely lose their mind over a game. Now, I used to love to play games all the time. It was one of the best feelings in the world; just sitting there me and my game. Of course this was when I was younger. But even then, I never went crazy if I was "losing". Sure I was frustrated sometimes, but never to the extent that I see in some of these videos. It's funny, really. Some people just take video games way too seriously, even at an older age.

Speaking of which, that World of Warcraft video is fake. It's pretty obvious. I do love the part where he tries to stick a remote control up his ass.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

He failed at linking it:

www.youtube.com...

My personal opinion is that its the brother who cancelled the account who is the real psycho here. He obviously enjoys causing pain to his brother quite a lot.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by Copernicus]

Get your info right.....

The mom canceled it......He literally says that in the first 3 seconds !!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
imo that kid steven from teh videos rules.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
In regards to the OP, I don't have the editing software on my video, but I think overlaying his yells and screams with heavy metal music might be an improvement, sort of like training for a mosh pit

[edit on 4/8/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This guy needs SERIOUS help

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join