It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man dies from plague in China, 11 others infected

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
From a scientific viewpoint, its imprtant to remember carrying capacity. The carrying capacity of a biological species in an environment is the population size of the species that the environment can sustain in the long term, given the food, habitat, water and other necessities available in the environment. For the human population, more complex variables such as sanitation and medical care are sometimes considered as part of the necessary infrastructure. Once the population reaches a certain size, disease, lack of food, etc, naturally thins the herd out for a more sustainable population. Could these type of diseases that we are seeing are the result of carrying capacity?

It definitely warrants further research and unfortunately Im in the middle of a master's class right now and cant devote the time.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It seems another victim has died, and the town of 10000 has been sealed off to prevent spreading.

A second man has died from an outbreak of pneumonic plague in a remote part of north-western China where a town of 10,000 has been sealed off to contain an outbreak of the disease.

Link

Asia always seems to be the source for the really deadly diseases ... I read that the 1918 Spanish Flu possibly originated in Nepal or Tibet.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Great!

So now we have the pnuemonic plague & swine flu to look out for? Is this more scaremongering or are we looking at some serious shi*?

What if the two combined to form something even more lethal?

I'm not going to visit china that's for sure..... too many people there..... pandemics can spread way too easily.........

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
and the news of a new strain of aids virus too. we are being bombarded with new diseases from all angles!!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
History does seem to be repeating itself right now.... i'll just list a few coincidences:

1914-1918: WW1
1918: Spanish Flu

2001-2009: War In The Middle East
2009: April-Swine Flu outbreak
2009: Aug-Pneumonic Plague outbreak in village in China

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
XINING, Aug. 3 (Xinhua) -- Pneumonic plague claimed a third victim in northwest China's Qinghai Province on Monday, local health authorities said.

The victim was a man named Danzhi, 64, from the town of Ziketan, in Xinghai county in the Hainan Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture.

The outbreak, which began July 30 and has caused a further nine people in the town to become ill, has already killed a 32-year-old herdsman and one of his neighbors, a 37-year-old man.

Of the nine patients in quarantined, one is in a serious condition and another has developed symptoms of coughing and chest pain. Most of the affected townspeople are relatives of the first dead man.

There has been no report of new infections.

Medical staff are disinfecting the region and tracking down people who have been in close contact with those affected by the plague

The local government has quarantined the town and its vicinity. The area has adequate essential supplies and the quarantine has not disrupted the locals' lives.

Those who have been in Ziketan and its vicinity since July 16 who show symptoms of fever and coughing have been ordered to report to the nearest hospital.

The town covers 3,000 square kilometers and has a population of 10,000.

Pneumonic plague is one of the deadliest infectious diseases; patients can die 24 hours after infection, says the World Health Organization.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wizardwars

this would make swine flu seem like a common cold if it hit a major city. Maybe its a good thing the Chinese are really strict with their quarantining.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
History does seem to be repeating itself right now.... i'll just list a few coincidences:

1914-1918: WW1
1918: Spanish Flu

2001-2009: War In The Middle East
2009: April-Swine Flu outbreak
2009: Aug-Pneumonic Plague outbreak in village in China

Yes! Excellent point. All governments have biological weapons.
Islam is terrified of China. Islam also has big drug competition in South America. Motive to release biologicals.
Another respritory outbreak that targets type A & B blood lines in China is very interesting indeed.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
heres the latest story from BBC news -

news.bbc.co.uk...

Police have set up checkpoints around Ziketan, as medics are disinfecting the area and killing rats and insects

A spokeswoman for the World Health Organization, Vivian Tan, earlier said an outbreak such as this was always a concern, but praised the Chinese for reacting quickly and for getting the situation under control

Thankfully the chinese are quite strict on quarantine as we have seen with the swine flu also.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
scary developments in the Plague hit town!!

Residents flee China's quarantined plague town

Tibetan residents familiar with the rugged and wild terrain and who are easily mobile at such high altitudes, have begun to slip out of the town, evading the checkpoints

Others, he believed, had made their way to the city of Xining, the capital of Qinghai province

With a population of more than two million, Xining is the first city on the upper reaches of the Yellow River to achieve a population into the millions

holy smokes. this can not be good people. more than 2 million of a population and one of the most deadly diseases known. This could be a time bomb waiting to happen!!

www.timesonline.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 4-8-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Ouch, this is a frightening scenario for the Chinese. I am not personally worried for the rest of the world as these things do tend to burn out fairly quickly, but a lot of Chinese could suffer.

China has one thing going for them, and that is being a totalitarian government - the population is far more pliable to restrictions and taking orders when it comes to total restrictions (travel etc.)

Of course, it only takes one "Patient Zero" to slip the cordon, and all those restrictions are for nought.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if smugglers are selling infected body parts on the blackmarket this week. Those mountain trade routes are ancient and have lots of caves.

The CDC has been predicting a pandemic for 20 years now. We are way overdue. Of course I truly believe that there are human accelerator agents out there that will make these biologicals cause havok. Only thing left to do is count the dead.

If everyone isn't in survivalism mode already it would probably be a good time to catch up.
1. potassium iodide
2. diatomaceous earth
3. Rx anti-biotics and anti-virals
4. N95 masks
5. water source

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

You know when i first heard about this swine flu outbreak in Mexico i thought it could well be some terrorist action..... coz pretty soon after it was discovered it was all over the news that it was breaking out in other countries too.... many people had it and took off to different locations around the world!!!

I didn't think of the drug connection though....

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by JJay55

You know when i first heard about this swine flu outbreak in Mexico i thought it could well be some terrorist action..... coz pretty soon after it was discovered it was all over the news that it was breaking out in other countries too.... many people had it and took off to different locations around the world!!!

I didn't think of the drug connection though....

Timelines are alway helpful. Shortly before the break out there was a showdown between drug lords and the Mexican government. The US recently put alot of pressure on the Mexican government to crack down, before the Mex gov was involved in drug trade... so in the end the US was pooped on with swine flu basically. Little did they know.... because they purchased the biological instead of having scientist who created it, that the flu would be mild. Although, it could just be a dry run and warning that they are capable of bigger things.

Criminals are very basic. Whether it's a petty thief of a big time AQ operator. Even old IRA members who were unemployed when peace kinda broke out in Northern Ireland found work as snipers in Lebanon. Intelligence sources discovered this when suddenly targets were being hit with superior accuracy.

Here's something to ponder. Mexico is fairly non-threatening. What happens when Pakistan, who is nuclear armed and has biologicals and houses AQ decides they want to wage havok? Pakistan is also backed by the OIC (57 Republics of Islam making up the Middle East, Northern Africa and Southeast Asia) Islam is also are rapidly moving into Australia, EU, China and the rest of Africa. So what happens when Iran and Pak have nukes, 1.4 billion followers? You will also notice that they are making friends with N Korea and Venezuela (which is part of OPEC so they have been old friends). So this puts Mexico in quite a situation, do they team with their old Latin buds in South America or choose the greedy US and false promises?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

reply to post by JJay55

Here's something to ponder. Mexico is fairly non-threatening. What happens when Pakistan, who is nuclear armed and has biologicals and houses AQ decides they want to wage havok? Pakistan is also backed by the OIC (57 Republics of Islam making up the Middle East, Northern Africa and Southeast Asia) Islam is also are rapidly moving into Australia, EU, China and the rest of Africa. So what happens when Iran and Pak have nukes, 1.4 billion followers? You will also notice that they are making friends with N Korea and Venezuela (which is part of OPEC so they have been old friends). So this puts Mexico in quite a situation, do they team with their old Latin buds in South America or choose the greedy US and false promises?

I did ponder that's for sure.... you have certainly added to the reasons why Islamists would start something so horrid! However after recent events i don't think the Chinese like Muslims much so you could maybe count them out.... I'm also sure most of the residents in Oz don't want them in there backyard either and yesterdays events will only confirm this.... Africa or parts of it are very religious as we know but aren't they mainly Christian? As for the rest of those Country's i don't really know.... Mexico are slap bang in central america so as you say who would they feel more inclined to allie with?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSam
Another disease? Cmon......

I am of the opinion that these are man-made. This isn't the first to start in China either, sars? bird flu? Didn't they originate in the region there too and not too long ago either? I think this could be tied in with the elite's plan of population reduction.

I agree. Governments need ways of disposing of populations. In China there are over a million homeless people who roam as a pack and look for employment. But talking about this problem suggests genocide... so it's not going to be in the nightly news.

All governments have biological weapons in their arsonels.

<< 1  2   >>

join