It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tamiflu Side-Effects for Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

More than half of children taking Tamiflu suffer side-effects such as nausea, insomnia and nightmares, researchers have said.

Source

P.S. I did a search to see if this was already posted and it came back with 0 results. As per usual it could be wrong so my appoligies if this is a repost.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
You are aware that people under the age of 18 are advised NOT to take Tamiflu right? It's a mute point as children should not be taking it except in extreme situations.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I created a thread earlier but no-one replied

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tamiflu might not be recommended for children but they're giving it out to them and now a study from April and May shows 51 - 53% have side effects to it.

Edit to add my original OP and link for those that don't go to read my post (I'm not offended just think ppl should see this info)....

Tamiflu causes sickness and nightmares in children, study finds More than half of children taking the swine flu drug Tamiflu experience side-effects such as nausea and nightmares, research suggests.

An estimated 150,000 people with flu symptoms were prescribed the drug through a new hotline and website last week, according to figures revealed yesterday.

Studies of children attending three schools in London and one in the South West showed that 51-53 per cent had one or more side-effects from the medication, which is offered to everyone in England with swine flu symptoms.

Times Online

(I was discussing this over at GLP and got banned?!)

Anyway, the article goes on to say that this study was from APRIL and MAY. 51 - 53% had one or more side effects and yet last week an estimated 150,000 people were prescribed Tamiflu without ever having seen a doctor?! If they knew this study was being carried out and the results out today then why didn't they wait? How many parents have given this to their children without knowing there's over a 50% chance their child could have side effects?

I'm simply amazed but then I'm not really - I don't know what to think anymore but I certainly won't be giving it to my children. As I've said before, I've been on the fence and just watching, reading, learning and hoping to get enough information to make an informed decision regarding my own children. This survey sways my opinion to not give it to them.

Now this study has been published, will you still give Tamiflu to your children?

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
You are aware that people under the age of 18 are advised NOT to take Tamiflu right? It's a mute point as children should not be taking it except in extreme situations.

It's really not a mute point because the helpline (in Britain) means you now just call up or go on the internet and describe your symptoms and get your Tamiflu, without seeing a doctor, whether you're an adult or child.

In fact, a friend of mine was given Tamiflu for her 22 month old daughter, about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and was told to crush it up and put it in a spoonful of Calpol to get it down her daughter. For those that don't know - Calpol is a child's liquid version of paracetamol. My friend's daughter was very ill and my friend was so worried that she just did exactly what the doctor told her without any questions. How many others?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

My managers daughters both had tamiflu recently, one is 4 and one is 3. He said they had to crush it up and put it in their food. I'm astounded that there's no liquid child friendly form. I'm worried as my child is only 11 months and God frobid she falls ill with it, technically there's nothing you can do for them as the tamiflu is not meant for young children. I'm in two minds about it.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Scope and a Beam]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Tamiflu causes sickness and nightmares in children, study finds

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Let's rush to have our children vaccinated

yeah right

seriously why would anyone do this to their children?

More people die of the common flu every year than this swine flu.

Its fear mongering so that people get this vaccine.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
But what are these side effects? Headache? upset stomach? I'll bet that the side effects that 50% are experiencing are non-life-threatening...and relatively benign...Probably the same "side effects" as the placebo (control group).

Just my 2-cents

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
Let's rush to have our children vaccinated

Correct me if I am wrong...but I have seen several people on several threads refer to TAMIFLU as a vaccine...I am under the understanding that TAMIFLU is an antiviral medication to treat an existing viral infection...not a preventative medication (i.e., vaccine)

Just my 2-cents

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Why the hell are people taking these 'anti-viral' drugs anyway? What's the point? Just suffer the GD 3-5 days and get over your flu like you used to do before! It didn't kill you before and it won't do so now!
I seriously can't understand why people are panicking because of this svine flu BS. They should be more worried about possible mandatory 'vaccinations' against the non existing threat!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I was about to post a new thread about it, I've read that in one of the two biggest media in Belgium.

I just don't understand how people can just blindly vaccines their kids, it is inhuman for me.

Thanks for posting this news, I hope a lot of people will read it!

join