It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A GOATMAN Thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Harrowing. Does it launch itself at people from the trees and peck them to death?

As for manbearpig, now thats scary.. would kick goatmans arse thats for sure!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The horned goat is a Satanist's way of mocking Jesus as the "lamb" who died for our sins, so this goatman could symbolize a human, being taken over by the devil and disobeying God.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
here in the plains of the u.s. we natives have a cryptid known as hoofman.
he runs at incredible speeds, and kills, eats, and randomly attacks people. a friend of mine said that she was attacked by hoofman, who burned her, attacked her, and did some rather unforgivable things to her. it was rather frightening as she had the scars to prove it.

also, try listening to that stoey in the middle of the night, from the source, camping in a forest, around a campire.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Another excellent thread in the Crypto world
I personally like the old stories of and legends, like these:

There exists a creature in Maryland known as the Goatman. Whether it is Maryland “legend” or Maryland “reality” is a question that remains unanswered but there are enough witnesses and circumstantial evidence to keep the Goatman’s name alive.

When one first hears of the elusive monster they may be overwhelmed by laughter at such an odd sounding menace, or baffled at how such a thing came to be thought up. No matter what the initial reaction a person has, it soon gives way to curiosity: what the heck is a Goatman? While the facts may be disputed the details in every story remain the same; an angered humanoid emerges from the forest and returns to its abode without a trace. The invariable description is that of an upright creature but beyond that the appearance varies. Some have claimed that the Goatman has a human body with a goat’s head, similar to the perception of Satan, while others insist that the Goatman has a goat’s lower body with the torso of a human, much like the satyr of Greek mythology. There is another school of observers/speculators whose description is not as definitive and say simply that he is an exceptionally hairy humanoid creature roughly six feet in height. Regardless of the physiognomy the Goatman legends do share one common theme and that is Maryland or, more precisely, Prince George’s County.
The Goatman legend of Prince George’s County

Goatman:

During January of 2002, I was awakened at night by my dogs as they barked fiercely outside my bedroom window. I sat up in bed then looked out my window where the outside light was sufficient for my viewing. I was very shocked as to what I saw.

There was a goatman creature walking under my pecan tree while my dogs steadily nipped at its heels. This creature was about seven feet tall and standing upright as a man with slightly curved shoulders, with the horns and hooves of a goat. His hands were slightly curled with some very nasty gray fingernails. His skin was a yellowish-green color with sparse hair all about his body. Its legs and body were that of a man.

I didn't see him straight forward, but caught a glance at the side of his face, which was nearly the shape of a man's. I can only say that I was shocked and afraid, but the goatman never turned to look at me and busied himself to walk faster and away from my dogs.

From time to time, I can hear the sound of a goat calling in the night. Strangely, we do not have goats in this area of Normangee, Texas, only cattle.
our True tales (About.com)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm not sure how accurate it would be to associate Baphomet with reports of a Goatman.

Baphomet (Gr.). The androgyne goat of Mendes. (See Secret Doctrine, I. 253). According to the Western, and especially the French Kabalists, the Templars were accused of worshipping Baphomet, and Jacques de Molay, the Grand Master of the Templars, with all his brother-Masons, suffered death in consequence. But esoterically, and philologically, the word never meant “goat”, nor even anything so objective as an idol. The term means according to Von Hammer, “baptism” or initiation into Wisdom, from the Greek words bafh and mhtiz and from the relation of Baphometus to Pan. Von Hammer must be right. It was a Hermetico Kabalistic symbol, but the whole story as invented by the Clergy was false.

Pan (Gr.). The nature-god, whence Pantheism; the god of shepherds, huntsmen, peasants, and dwellers on the land. Homer makes him the son of Hermes and Dryope. His name means ALL. He was the inventor of the Pandæan pipes; and no nymph who heard their sound could resist the fascination of the great Pan, his grotesque figure not withstanding. Pan is related to the Mendesian goat, only so far as the latter represents, as a talisman of great occult potency, nature’s creative force. The whole of the Hermetic philosophy is based on nature’s hidden secrets, and as Baphomet was undeniably a Kabbalistic talisman, so was the name of Pan of great magic efficiency in what Eliphas Lévi would call the “ Conjuration of the Elementals”. There is a well-known pious legend which has been current in the Christian world ever since the day of Tiberias, to the effect that the “great Pan is dead”. But people are greatly mistaken in this; neither nature nor any of her Forces can ever die. A few of these may be left unused, and being forgotten lie dormant for long centuries. But no sooner are the proper conditions furnished than they awake, to act again with tenfold power.

The Theosophical Glossary

Interesting thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
If any of you remember that "Animal X" show that was on Animal Planet, they had a goatman segment... made me spill hot ramen all over myself. I was watching it at night, with my curtains open behind me. They showed some clip (memory is a little foggy) of this goatman type thing with eerie music, and I had to look away because I was so frightened, lol. I looked behind myself, right into my reflective black window, and the positioning of the goatman on TV made it look like he was dangling outside my window. I screamed and ran for my mommy... mind you this was years ago and I'm sure the show would be laughable now. That's my only encounter with the goatman... I live in Massachusetts... I don't think we have any goatman myths/sightings, but I think it's an interesting creature as I think all 'mythological' beasts have some root in truth.

<< 1   >>

join