It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you doing to protect against Swine Flu/Flu/Colds?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I gave the choice of three there, as i am convinced that there are tons of people confusing the slightest cold sympton with Swine Flu.

I'd be interested to see the statistics from the hospitals to see how many Swine Flu cases have been reported, and how many ordinary flu cases have. I'd put money on there being loads of SF cases and les normal flu.

Anyway, I have had a few symptoms that have been niggling me recently, but the doc doesn't seem that fussed so i'll just crack on.

I do however however have small kids. Up till now they have been fine, but i know kids at thier school and other schools nearby have not been so lucky.

I have the normal flu and cold meds in the house that any family would have. I keep the place clean and am good with the anti-bacterial routines around the house (bathroom/kitchen/kids rooms etc.)

My kids are healthy, strong and outdoors type kids, rarely sick so i'm kind of hoping that they will sail through this with a good dose of common sense and fresh air.

I admit i am seriously concerned about the vaccine, but that is from reading things on here. I'd rather have to not go down that route, however i'm sure if my kids are suffereing that bad with whatever this flu is, i'd leave them in the docs hands.

So what other things would you recommend? Whether you have kids or not, do you take any preventative meds or measures to keep flu or colds at bay? Or do you just keep calm and carry on?

Thanks in advance for any input on this. If it were just me, i would crack on regardless, but obviously having kids i want to be a bit carefull.

CX.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The most important thing you can do for your kids to keep them safe from this is check out the new research on vitamin D and influenza, and the research on using Vitamin C in large doses.

The latest on influenza is that it's a vitamin deficiency disease, caused by a lack of available sunlight in the winter months. Sounds strange at first, but this is not fringe medicine or health-nut stuff, this is solid science. People catch the flu and pass it on all year round, but it's only when they are short of vitamin D they get sick.

Being out-doorsy kids, they should be safe in summer, so you should get them in contact with a new flu case every week or two so they can build up their immunity now. This is by far the safest way to vaccinate them.

If they or you do get sick, make sure you have access to a nebuliser before it is needed. So far swine flu has been mild, but it is not going to stay that way. Once it gets into overcrowded poverty-stricken areas in the northern hemisphere next winter, you will see a much higher death-rate.

Where I am, Victoria, Australia, 99% of our flu cases now are swine flu, which is unprecedented. Mostly you have a whole bunch of flu-types floating around, but not now. When the type here, (there are many subtypes around in the world, either it has mutated fast or different types have been released in different places,) gets serious, it forms a lining over the lungs, preventing oxygen being absorbed. People with this cough like whooping cough cases, so these cases are being wrongly attributed to pertussis.

While the correct advice to anyone like this is get straight to hospital, hospitals may become overwhelmed, and people may need ways to treat each other for life threatening side-effects at home. So learn about nebulisers, inhalations, expectorants, decongestants, herbs and vitamins. Everything you learn is another warrior added to your army.

And, if this learning all goes to waste because you never need it?
Should you be so lucky!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Try out some Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, and swear off the MSG and fake sugar.

A while back my wife was presenting with strep ( swollen areas behind her ears, sore throat, and bad rash).

But I was horny so I tagged her anyway.

We were scroggin' like hamsters.

I didn't get strep throat.

Why?

Organic apple cider vinegar. That and no MSG or artificial sweeteners in food.

Also I watch very little television.

Fake sugar and television make people unhealthy.

Edit to add this link:
www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com...

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Symbiote]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Good research. It's hot where I am in the American southwest now. Plenty of sunlight. The flu seems very far away.

I'm going to go with vitamin D supplements this winter for my family. I have the oil of oregano, too, but this is not for small children.

About three weeks ago I woke up and my head felt like I had been hit with a flat board and I couldn't speak and swallowing hurt. I have had strep throat before and it seemed familiar. Took 5 drops of oil of oregano in a half glass of water 5x the first day and on to the next. In a day and a half it was gone.

Everyone in my family is getting free vitamin D supplements this flu season, courtesy of me. Also, I need to get some full spectrum lights for indoors for my cat, since I can't let him outside because he runs away.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

I can suggest you do some of your own research on what is said to be a cure for all pathogens. (I make no recommendations myself, other than I have some)

Start Here and more Here

The stuff is available from within the UK

As for prevention rather than cure, I have heard Astragalus is very good.
You can get that from a famous health food store in the UK (hint: H % B)

join