It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epidemic Hazard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This might, or might not be about the swine flu, but just in case I am posting it here.

I just checked the RSOE website and it describes that Colorado and New York city are listed as epidemic hazard zones.

I checked to see the description, and it says 18 infected in Colorado, but doesn't say what form of epidemic it is, and there is nothing about New York.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Anyone knows anything about this?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

The health department has identified 11 cases of measles in Brooklyn during the past two months and is urging doctors to be vigilant and promptly report suspected cases to the agency. Nearly all the known cases have occurred in children who went unvaccinated, leaving them unprotected against the disease. Measles is not common in New York City, but it is highly contagious.

A Colorado meat company is expanding a recall of beef due to possible contamination by E.coli O157:H7 bacteria after an investigation found 18 illnesses may be linked to the meat, the company and the U.S. Agriculture Department said on Sunday. Greeley, Colorado-based JBS-Swift Beef Co is voluntarily expanding its June 24 recall to include about 380,000 lbs of assorted beef products, for a total recall of about 421,000 lbs, USDA and the company said. The affected beef was produced on April 21 and was distributed nationally and internationally. "The contamination may have come from further processing by other companies," Chandler Keys, JBS spokesman, said on Sunday.

From the same site under the "Event Description" tab.

That is a wonderful site, but a lot of times only the first or initial radio distress call is put up. If they do further updates, it is usually from more official sources and is diluted with PC.

Many times it is easier to scan by reading all the tables below the map. The map links are often slow or route you wrong. The tables below the map have info that has also dropped off the map over a few days!

[edit on 6-7-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
ah, thanks a lot. When I was searching there was no more information for these events. I checked online for epidemics in that area, and nothing appeared.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Measles?
Do people go to the doctor for measles?
Since when?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Measles and whooping cough are both breaking all over the US- and yet, neither should kill kids at a high rate- they're the "childhood diseases' that our parents lived through before vaccines. This is not to say they can't be very dangerous- they can- but most people survive the infections well (at least now).

If you haven't looked it up, the US has already declared a National emergency, re: flu, an there ARE areas that are rife with infections- NY is one of them.
I'm surprised Illinois didn't make the list- Chicago is soaking in flu.

Most countries in S. America have declared flu emergencies, as well, as have Australia, Japan, China (Mainland and HK), Thailand, the Philippines, the UK, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and many EU countries.

On the whole, the world is at Defcon 1 re: flu- and the foci of infections are (finally) being identified and published, for the safety of all travelers.

join