It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Background checks...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Last night, after watching the news, and hearing about another infant being 'accidently' killed, it got me to wonder (again) about the sad state of our American law agencies... well, those weren't my exact thoughts, but...

Then, thinking of the town I live in... it has a population of about 900. So far, as far as I know, we have three convicted child molesters living here... two live mere blocks away from the elementary school and youth center.

We also have a teacher sleeping with a high school student; this isn't the first... a few years ago, another teacher got a student pregnate.

Our police force (numbering five) has had: one 'removed' from service... even though he just went to another town... for sleeping with a minor, another cop has been seen and warned for dating high schooloers, and a third cop utilizes his position in very un-professional manners.

We have also had a man convicted twice for taking... lewd... pictures of minors.

Then, of course, you have your normal wife beaters and children abusers...

Not bad for a small community, ehh?

Now, my question is this: I have been searching the internet for police records and news announcements, and have been running around in circles. I know, by law, sexual predators' information is public domain, but how do I go about finding it?

Are there any free services to do background checks on individuals? Human rights be damned... I'm tired of officials turning a blind eye... I want to post these people on the Internet so members of the community can see and read for themselves who's living next door.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm not going to lie to you, your town is really messed up. As for the background checks, they have to be registered with the police station, but it seems that your police don't really act appropriately so the next best thing would be to write the state hall of records. P.S. Your town would be so fun to vigilante. Although I'm not promoting anyone do so, it's just a fun thought.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This town is in Northern Wisconsin... that might explain things. But it is also a small town, which may be why it attracts so many of the wrong kind. In the town's behalf, however, I can say it is relatively drug free, and other than what I mentioned, there is little crime (other than the occasional drunk riding his lawn mower through town).

Fun to vigilante? Hmm... never thought of that...
... but, it is just a thought...

But seriously, this past weekend, one of my friend's was telling me about his wife's ex... that started this whole thing. Then watching the news... god, how I hate the news...

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
But I found a couple links that'd help, if others are interested...

bop.gov... a serachable nationwide prisoner database

childsafenetwork.org... enter a person's name, and it'll see if they were ever arrested for sexual crimes

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Drunken lawnmower riding, you say?
Strange, very strange. And whats with your cops up there, anyway?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Sounds to me like you ought to call the State Attorney General's Office, and request (anonymously of course) an Internal Affairs audit of your town's Pedophiles with badges...

top topics

join