It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Runway outside Edwards AFB

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The first thing to keep in mind is they don't fly anything secret during the day unless it can hide in plain sight. A uniquely shaped plane wouldn't fly during the day. A conventional plane with modifications could be flown during the day. [Think of all the documented Groom Lake daytime flights. They have all been known airframes. This is probably more true for the Tonopah Test Test.]

I've hiked the area around the Tejon RCS many times. It is buzzed all the time by light aircraft. They have a few Long EZ owners out there.
Long EZ

Long EZ

Long EZ's are the biggest source of daytime UFO or UAV sightings. In fact, some USAF bases keep a LongEZ on hand to act like a UAV for training.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The amusing thing about this is that the Russians and Chinese probably know more about this project than US taxpayers.

During WW2 an ALSOS team in France found the Nazis had transcripts of phone calls between Roosevelt and General Groves about the Manhatten project.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by KAKUSA

I found this post to be fascnitating beacue I saw this base back in 1986 when a F-117 crashed near this location and as a aviation businessman and enthusiast, I wanted to see what had happened and when i went there , my self and the kern county fire department were shoo ed away by edwards AFB crash retrieval team but not before all of us saw the hangar with the doors open going straight into the mountain.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ohanotherone

Perhaps you could give us some coordinates?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ohanotherone

The F-117A that crashed in July 1986 went down in Sequoia National Forest, about 15 miles northeast of Bakersfield. It is a steep, rugged mountainside above the Kern River. There is no underground hangar there. It's just wilderness.

The Northrop Grumman Tejon Test complex is south of Tehachapi. The "hangars" were used for construction and storage of radar test articles (scale models and full-size aircraft). The "runways" simply provided a flat surface free of clutter that might interfere with radar and antenna testing. They were not useable as airstrips because there were pylon mounting pits along the centerline at varying distances from the dish antennas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join