It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Touching the Void - I caught myself holding my breath watching this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well made documentary that I went to by accident that blew me away. I definately caught myself holding my breath on more than one occaision while watching this movie. The subject is mountain climbing or I guess you could say a near death experience.

I'm a sci-fi & horror nut (not gore) and I'm always hoping someone can make something to scare me - I never thought I could be scared by a documentary. Maybe it's just my backround & having played & worked in that envirement a little. Did anyone else get knocked down a notch or two while watching this?

If you haven't see it yet, it was released in January but only in a couple theaters in my area and it looks like only the major cities in the US have this movie, you might have to wait until the DVD is available to see it.

BTW - makes Vertical Limit & Cliffhanger look like comedy's.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by outsider]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
being a climber myself I wanted to watch this film (buy the book ) much better ...anyway have to admit its a good flim it did dragg on it parts but to go through what they did man that would test anyone and remember at the time they were 25.
I wont spoil it but they guy who cut etc etc got a lot of flack for what he did just put your self in that posistion what would you do ??

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by SE7EN]

join