It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brief article about a contractor at Creech AFB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
LLH at Creech AFB

Creech AFB is in the south west corner of the Nellis range. While it was well known as the training ground for the Thunderbirds, it is now the home to several UAV squadrons.

LLH is a contractor on the base.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
How can there be such a shortage in this area. This is the wave of the future. I am guessing that they are already working on unmanned fighters and bombers and will be testing is not already at Groom such projects!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DesertShadow

The shortage can be for a lot of reasons. Getting clearance is just one of the hurdles. Given the state of economy, you would think finding people wouldn't be all that difficult.

I forgot to point out that the "building" looks like shipping containers with holes cut in them. This is very typical on the range. The tall building is two storage containers stacked. I had a copy of a bid request for these containers where holes in them are acceptable. Since the DoD doesn't buy junk normally, I'm pretty sure they (in this case the TTR) was acquiring shipping containers for use in making targets.

You can see a fake ICBM site from Tikaboo. This is the target I saw shot up by an AC130 gunship. The tracer fire is probably infrared, but there is enough light to see them with your naked eye. The target can't be see from the ground as far as I can tell, but you can see the tracer fire from the gravel by the ET Highway. The AC130 shoots so fast that it appears to be a beam of light.

The target near Tikaboo is at
N37.158413 W115.429688
Photo here:
range 61 structure

I haven't tried to find the target near Creech.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Update: I found a recent data about EG&G contractor, blame for an alleged overbilling contract made with the Air Force in Nevada.

* EG&G pays $1.8 mln to settle whistleblower lawsuit

* Suit accused EG&G of overbilling U.S. Air Force (Adds background on related indictment)

EG&G Technical Services Inc, a subsidiary of URS Corp (URS.N), has paid about $1.8 million to settle a lawsuit accusing it of overbilling the U.S. Air Force for aircraft parts and services, U.S. prosecutors said on Tuesday.

EG&G, a Maryland-based national defense contractor, paid the settlement on May 12 and the case was dismissed a week later. The company did not admit wrongdoing in settling the case, prosecutors said.

James Steffes, an EG&G employee responsible for ordering and maintaining aircraft parts, accused the company in the 2007 suit of conducting a 7-year-long scheme on behalf of itself and aircraft parts broker Danco Aerospace Consulting Inc, prosecutors said.

Between 1997 and 2004, EG&G paid Danco for more than $776,000 in parts that were already in inventory or were never delivered, then submitted fraudulent bills totaling more than $860,500 to the Air Force under a contract that included a fixed profit, prosecutors said.

Steffes will receive $317,729 for filing the qui tam, or whistleblower, action, the government said.

Last month, Douglas Edward Phillips III, 52, who owned and managed Danco, was indicted by a federal grand jury in Nevada on criminal charges of conspiracy to defraud the government and theft stemming from the same alleged incidents.

Phillips is accused of conspiring with Richard Thomas Barkley, a logistician for EG&G, to falsify invoices and steal funds from the Air Force, prosecutors in Nevada said. (Reporting by Gina Keating; Editing by Richard Chang)

Source: www.reuters.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Groomforce

Danco gets on the banned contractor list, and EG&G escapes prosecution. Nice

new topics

top topics

join