It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible question?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I have a question for anyone who thinks that the “tree of life” that god took away in genesis 3:22-24 is DNA.

Lets say you learned everything there is to know about DNA, how to make other humans, whatever you like, you are the master of it, and there isn’t a single other being that ever existed that has this knowledge that you do.

Now, you are walking around on the streets, thinking you are the “most high”, and then you are accidentally killed by a random mud slide, just out of curiosity, how did keeping this knowledge from the rest of the world make you god?

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Brandon Levon]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon Levon
I have a question for anyone who thinks that the “tree of life” that god took away in genesis 3:22-24 is DNA.

Lets say you learned everything there is to know about DNA, how to make other humans, whatever you like, you are the master of it, and there isn’t a single other being that ever existed that has this knowledge that you do.

Now, you are walking around on the streets, thinking you are the “most high”, and then you are accidentally killed by a random mud slide, just out of curiosity, how does that make you god?

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand the question.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MtheoryMaybe it's just me but I don't understand the question.

If I may. The question is "how does having the information (regarding DNA) supposedly contained in the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil make one a god?"

Note that the creationists have had to change the name to "the Tree of Knowledge" to make the DNA joke work at all. Retrofitting the BuyBull to fit the desperate holding action against science.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Perhaps the tree of knowledge was more than just how to create life; perhaps it was knowledge on how to actually become a god (complete with immortality and 24/7 pizza delivery).

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Okay to reply to Brandon's question. I don't think it makes anyone god, I think it's mainly about ego as is most things in life when it comes to power.

And I don't think the tree of knowledge gave immortality as people believe, I think its exactly what it sounds like and it's the knowledge of the universe and everything from A-Z.

I have a theory on immortality and it starts with reincarnation, if reincarnation is real and we had a form of super consciousness IE a way of remembering all of your past lives and knowledge attained from them then you would never really die.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Mtheory]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

Screw the immortality, I'll be glad with 24/7 pizza delivery!

Creationists will always change everything to make it fit what some 2000 year old book says. If they could they would still insist the world is flat.

Some believe the world is 6,000 years and that god's playing a joke by making the bones date so far back 1,000,000s of years.

Or that noone should listen to science since it goes against god....sigh.... I hope that the ones that think that, next time there's a tsunami coming there way, I want all their technology off, and just sit back and laugh. ? You hate science now?

There may never of been a tree of knowledge, 99% sure there wasn't. Just like talking snakes, fiery chariots goin into the sky, semen brought from angels to mary to impregnate her.
I'm sorry I just have to laugh.

top topics

join