It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs Survived Cretaceous Extinction?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I've read that article before and I thought... if this guy's dream is to walk onto .... oprah's stage... (BARF
) yeah it would somewhat prove the theory of evolution... he would be de-evolving a chicken to a primitive state. That would be awesome IMO. My question is ... would the dino-chicken still be a viable source of food?

"Yes I'd like one McDino-Chicken burger to go please"

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Estharik]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

It would serve to further confirm more of the Theory of Evolution, yes. But, I think the fight over that subject is little more than the zealots of two belief systems butting head over something that doesn't back up or detract from either side. Sorry if that wasn't your inference.

And I am not so sure I would call dinosaur's primitive either.
They did after all dominate the planet for a very long time and it took a one two punch from nature to take them down if not out. Could you imagine the size of a steak ala Bronto?

[edit on 9-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Dinosaurs and Man, Alive at the same time?

This site has some interesting articles to read. There has been human and dino tracks found in the same bedrock.

When evolutionary philosophers criticized this historic discovery and claimed that someone must have made the human tracks with a hammer and chisel, a bull-dozer was brought to the site to uncover more of the bed-rock.
The heavy equipment carefully uncovered more of the Cretaceous bedrock and even more human tracks were discovered with dinosaur tracks! Humans and dinosaurs apparently roamed the earth together!

Native Americans were drawing petroglyphs of dinosaurs 1000 years ago.

We need to remember that these rock pictures were made long before we had modern artist drawings of dinosaurs. There were no copies of National Geographic around to inspire the native artists!

Clay figurines of dinosaurs found.

More than 33,000 thousand ancient ceramic figurines have been found and many of them depict dinosaurs that were thought by scientists to have been extinct for the past 65 million years.These 2500 year old ceramic fired figurines were discovered at the foot of El Toro Mountain on the outskirts of Acambaro, Mexico.

Dino Artwork found in tombs of Egypt and city gates of ancient Babylon

Who would ever dream that evidence of dinosaurs walking amongst men would be found in the tombs of the Pharaohs?

The Egyptians are known for their accurate picture writings. It would appear that they recorded what they saw.

Ancient flying reptiles were reported seen by historians such as Herodotus.
Beautiful artwork from ancient Babylon also depict dinosaur like figures. There are called the Dragons of Babylon. The word "dinosaur" was not used until 1841 when it was introduced by Sir Richard Owen.
According to Marco Polo, the Chinese Emperor had a number of "dragons" which were used to pull his chariots in parades. Apparently, the Chinese fascination with dragons was more than myth!

Now I do want to let you know that I do know that is from a Christian website, but evidence is evidence.

Creeping Death

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Creeping Death

"Now I do want to let you know that I do know that is from a Christian website, but evidence is evidence. "

So apply your BS-filter and ask yourself if it's GOOD evidence. The evidence that dinosaurs died out 65,000,000 years ago (except for those that survived to become birds as we know them now) is, ahem, rock solid.

The problem with your source is that it isn't about science, it's about defending a religious dogma. So it fails because the actual mission has to be veiled in pseudoscience.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BriggsBU

The extinction event was not total... none of them have been... sure some species survived after it... all across the planet I am certain... but their ecological world had been seriously fractured and they could not regain their dominate foothold so the species that remained slowly died out or evolved into birds and other modern descendants.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by grover]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

The critters around the black smokers would have probably survived just about any E.L.E. They are very well protected under thousands of feet of water.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I put some information together on the possibility of human / dinosaur co-existence

LINK TO ARTICLE

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by suziwong
I put some information together on the possibility of human / dinosaur co-existence

LINK TO ARTICLE

"In 2000, incredibly, divers first caught sight of a living dinosaur - the coelacanth - a species of fish that was thought to have become extinct 70 million years ago LINK , survival for 360 million years on the earth (interestingly, with very little evolutionary progression)."

If you don't know the difference between a dinosaur and a fish I'm not surprised you've been taken in by the Ica stones.

Pretty page. Lots of copy-pasta. Nothing more.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Just a refeence to the fact that a creature can live for thousands of years undetected

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Just a refeence to the fact that a creature can live for thousands of years undetected

Sorry, but very bad science. That little fish felt no need to evolve, it was well adapted for its niche. Note that sharks have been around for a long time, the Great White was contemporary with Megaladon. They have a good design and they're happy with it.

Another thing to consider: How do we know that some coelocanths DIDN'T evolve into something different? They've certain had enough time.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The coelacanth fossils are almost exactly the same as the ones found swimming around today
Showing no evolutionary diversification

I am interested in why you are so convinced that the Ica stones are not worthy of consideration

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The coelacanth fossils are almost exactly the same as the ones found swimming around today
Showing no evolutionary diversification

I am interested in why you are so convinced that the Ica stones are not worthy of consideration

So, they didn't. Shows that they're happy where they're at. Unless, of course, you think the fossils are < 6,000 years old.

The surface of a stone undergoes chemical changes when it's exposed to air. The scratches in the Ica stones show that they are very recent. No surprise there, the guys that make them have fessed up.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Can you provide a link

Some of the de-bunking that goes on is very dodgey - everyone has an agenda

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Can you provide a link

Some of the de-bunking that goes on is very dodgey - everyone has an agenda

Department of Geosciences, Purdue University. (I was a student worker there, not a geology student, but they were happen to give "classes" when I asked questions.

One use for the technique is to determine when a particular facet of a rock was exposed to air. Then you can get a chronology of the events the rock has been through.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

So, they didn't. Shows that they're happy where they're at. Unless, of course, you think the fossils are < 6,000 years old.

The surface of a stone undergoes chemical changes when it's exposed to air. The scratches in the Ica stones show that they are very recent. No surprise there, the guys that make them have fessed up.

They "fessed up" after they were threatened with imprisonment. I am curious how 1 poor farmer could carve so many thousands of these stones?

It would seem to me that if he hoaxed everyone, it would be VERY easy to prove. Do you have any sources that can support your assertion about the relatively young age of the patina on the grooves in the stones?

RE: the coelacanth, not only did science get it wrong about its extinction, but virtually everything else was wrong, too. They believed it to be a shallow water fish, and it turns out that it lives at a fairly great depth.

It just goes to show: the only difference between science and us "fringe" thinkers is that with science, their imagination is ordained as fact (even when it is provably not so).

Add to the discussion the Japanese find of a plesiasaur.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

"They "fessed up" after they were threatened with imprisonment. I am curious how 1 poor farmer could carve so many thousands of these stones?"

It wasn't ONE poor farmer. The guy who was buying them paid anybody that brought him a rock. So it turned into a cottage industry. "That loco hombre will buy ANYTHING."

"It would seem to me that if he hoaxed everyone, it would be VERY easy to prove. Do you have any sources that can support your assertion about the relatively young age of the patina on the grooves in the stones?"

Sigh, oh sigh. Try looking for the information in "books". I won't be giving free classes today. (Check back issues of Skeptic for starters. (I know, I know, "biased" source. Like you don't use sources that are far more biased.))

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
When did the Japanese find a plesiosaur? You mean the dead basking shark? I remember being excited about that, too, when it came out, but it has since been proven a basking shark. Or, at the very least a shark.

Having said that, this is a pretty interesting article: paranormal.about.com...

As to the topic, extinctions don;t happen on a Monday afternoon at 4:35 PM and have everything gone by Monday night. It doesn't happen that quickly, I wouldn't think, asteroid or not.

<< 1   >>

join