It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The obvious reason why people in the U.S. aren't dying

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Mortality is around .6 percent if you use the number of those believed to be infected, rather than the number confirmed, and you use the large number of dead, not the small one.

That is the same as seasonal flu.

Traditional mortality rates are not based soley upone those hospitalized with severe cases. The WHO's numbers are for their own purposes. They are not comparable to historical records.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I was thinking it may be possible, that the reason the middle aged are dying was because most of the time when we get the flu or colds we self medicate instead of seeing the Dr. and the vast majority of people keep on keeing on instead of treating it like the illness it is and doing what you are supposed to do, when your sick - rest.

So many people that I know continue to run themselves ragged when they are sick and this seems to be such a nasty virus we should heed the warnings and take better care of ourselves.

With that being said, they say the first case seen here in the U.S. was on March 28 - a month ago. My entire family was very sick four to six weeks ago. The aches and pains and upper respitory problems we all had paled in comparison to other flu's. We may have have just gotten sick during the tail-end of flu season, but it makes me wonder if this virus hasn't been around a bit longer than they think.

By the way, I'm in Ohio and we have confirmed, probable and suspected cases.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
People are forgetting a very important point, In America most people are very diligent with the seasonal flu vaccine every year, this will ease the symptoms of the swain flue that are equal to seasonal flu.

Mexico health care is not available to everybody, only those few closes to city areas are the ones that may get more quality care.

Plus the Mexican government is not ready for a pandemic like this one and neither many developing countries.

BTW US health care compare to Mexico is good but compare to other modern civilized nations we actually rank in the 20s.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Whats the context of the ranking and is Canada ranked ahead of the US?
*text removed*

[edit on 1-5-2009 by beaverg]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by beaverg
reply to post by marg6043

Whats the context of the ranking and is Canada ranked ahead of the US?

I figured out why nobody is dying. This is just the test, like many have assumed it's an engineered virus intentionally released in the most populous city in North America. The media induced hysteria intended to make the spread of this particular strain of virus easier to track. Information gathering of some sort.

maybe true...if you could engineer a biohazard bomb that kills closest to the physical release of the bomb and dissipates rapidly the further out the spread is, it would have the same effect as a conventional bomb. it could be called "TRBB" (targeted release bio bomb)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I'm not followin ya? A bomb wouldn't be a good dispersal method for a virus if you're attempting to spread it as it would create too much of a scene to start. Strictly speaking in theory, if you wanted a virus to spread the host has to be unaware of their potential danger for as long as possible.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
how is this possible that we have 2,600 cases here in the U.S. yet in Mexio there were only 800 or 900? How did we surpass Mexico a third world country. I bet more people had this flu in Mexico than what is reported. I bet the real totals are closer to the thousands.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

news.yahoo.com...

The analysis in Science suggests there are many more cases than those confirmed by laboratories — anywhere from 6,000 to 32,000 cases in Mexico as of April 23. The flu has since spread around the world, and the study said it appears to be substantially more contagious than normal, seasonal flu.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rachel07

So glad you mentioned chemtrails. We are HOSED regularly here (Chicago area) nearly daily. For 3 years or so my husband and I have terrible allergies, roughed-up immune systems and a lot of anger. If depopulation were the name of the game, what better way to do it than by weakening the populations immune systems and then letting nature take it's course, or if it doesn't- let governments help it along...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Aeombic dysentery is also endemic in Mexico. People who grow up there- much like malaria in Africa- live with it and have a shorter life span. A co-factor could increase death rates. It could also add to reassorted viral RNA in influenza. 3 deaths in the US so far- and CDC is quick to point out that all three had underlying health problems. How many of us do and don't even know it? If our salts or enzymes or connective tissue or take your pick- are off slightly- then we're more susceptible to flu. Of any kind. I'm healthy and young, yet have had surgery recently- I could be in trouble despite being athletic, eating well, etc. I think the suprise will be when "seemingly" healthy people pass from this bug. Then MAYBE the rest of the world will start paying attention. I pray for a mild strain, and know intellectually we're in for a rough winter ahead. How to reconcile those feelings??

[edit on 12-5-2009 by CultureD]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Myrtales-

The flu has been around since at least Feb. On he thread about "getting back from the clinic" and the new thread by cosmicpixie, allowing us space to discuss personal illness- you'll see many of us have had, or do have- an anomalous flu. I think we gave it to Mexico.

<< 1   >>

join