It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Test or Distraction, I believe both

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It was mentioned within hours of the very first case of swine flu appearing in Mexico (in a thread here at ATS, sorry I don't have a link) that if some sort of major medical disaster were going to occur, you might see signs from the pharmaceuticals in the stocks market: such as a sell off of several major stockholders from various companies that have foreknowledge on such events.

I haven't checked (because I wouldn't know where to start) but considering the fact that the CDC isn't going to be vaccinating on this one, I think it's safe to say that this is not the big one we're expecting.

The following is from MarketWatch.com
www.marketwatch.com...[07BAB311-1966-438C-A0CA-6159B5C2527E]

"The Centers for Disease Control said during a press conference Monday that current flu vaccines were ineffective in battling the new strain of swine flu called H1N1. The agency added it was currently in discussions with world health officials as to whether to request drug makers start work on a vaccine against the current swine flu virus, but were unsure if the strain would still be relevant come the fall 2009 flu season. Because they are cultivated, flu vaccines generally take months to produce. Instead of expecting a vaccine, CDC officials advised citizens to practise better preventive hygiene, such as constant handwashing and use of skin sanitizers..."

My guess? This a test as to whether the populations are manipulable enough to react in a favorable manner when confronted with a publicized national disaster.

In my unprofessional opinion, the geographical range of this is too broad to be a natural outbreak.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by watchmen

In my unprofessional opinion, the geographical range of this is too broad to be a natural outbreak.

Airports , my friend.
Those infected by the influenza had recently been in Mexico , or come into contact with somebody who had.

Have you read Hot-Zone ? You should .
I believe they used the book for the basis of the movie "Outbreak".

Any disease can get around the world in 12 hours .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the natural world a diseased animal can only travel so far , so its effects are relatively localised . By human intervention , we ship/transport animals distances that they could never travel on their own . (Bird life being the exception)

Humans now traverse huge distances in short times , hopping continents , often we are unsuspecting hosts .

join