It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China bans pork imports from U.S., Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
CNN Money Source Link

Shipments originating from 3 U.S. states and Mexico to be returned or destroyed

BEIJING (Reuters) -- China has banned imports of live pigs and pork products from Mexico and three U.S. states, the government said, after an outbreak of a deadly swine flu virus in those two countries.

Shipments starting from April 26 will be returned or destroyed from Mexico and Texas, California and Kansas, the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine said in an announcement.

Shipments before April 26 are subject to virus checks before they enter China.

I thought the virus wasn't spread from pig to person. This is a different twist on the virus. If this virus continues to spread in the US just imagine how many other countries will follow in China's footsteps. The already troubled hog farmers will be even more in trouble. Can we say Bail Out?

My son shows pigs, now this leaves me to wonder if that is such a good idea. If it is true that it can be spead in such a manner, I don't think it would be a good idea to have him in a show barn with several hundred pigs.

They are already starting to show pics of areas where people are wearing face masks just like during the SARS outbreak. Do you all think that we should limit our pork consumption and exposure?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

I am with you. I didn't think this was spread from live pork or pork products. It could just be an opportunity for China to get a jab in at America. Who knows though. This swine flu keeps getting crazier by the day.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Remember what happend in the United Kingdom with the foot and mouth outbreak ?

It destroyed most if not all export of meat product's from the UK.

Batten down the hatches i say.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 27-4-2009 by h3akalee]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

The flu isn't getting crazier, it's the people getting crazier.

Honestly, I'm thinking of bailing from the forums for a while until this blows over, there is that much rubbish being spewed out here at the moment, it's disgusting!

People come here to get the info that the MSM won't tell us but the info here is so clouded I don't know what to think.

The OP is an example of this, you can't catch swine flu from eating pork.

Chemtrails aren't the cause of swine flu, no the vials that were reported missing recently aren't related to the swine flu outbreak. No, swine flu isn't designed to kill conspiracy theorists.

Is there actually ANYONE here who knows what the hell they're talking about?? It seems not, the fear mongers are running rampant.

Sorry for the rant but I'm over it.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yes, I probably should have clarified. The *subject* swine flu is getting crazier. People, media, govt reactions...etc are all getting crazier. The flu itself just seems to be doing what flu viruses do.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I agree with you that people are looking at all sorts of things and only knowing a little about the subject but reading so much into it.
The media is playing it's part and the public are following suit.

From what I have seen so far.
Only people from Mexico have died and those who have it in other countries are only showing mild flu like symptoms.

It looks more to me like a race specific virus which seems to attack people of Mexican decent due to a mutation in the DNA and does not effect others in the same way, just as the flu almost wiped out the Native Indian having no immunity to it, it showed little effect on Europeans.

For all we know, this virus may have been released to see what responce is like and also how people play into the hands of those who would benefit from manipulating the population.

It is not uncommon for a virus to effect one race more than others.

Back on topic, This is probably more about hitting the US with a financial hit to push a message rather than a health scare.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by munkey66]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Yeah but we have the cure. Colloidal Silver. Just mix two ounces with the still warm blood of a chicken, then burn the feathers in an ivory bowl. Don't forget to chant "Owa Taful Eyam".

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Curious about all the mis(dis)information going all.

All the MSM reports I've watched say this flu has nothing to do with pork/Pigs.

Are they perhaps lying to protect the pork industry?

Why is the flu called Swine flu and yet has nothing to do with swine? Just why is it classified as SWINE and not something else?

Allot doesn't make sense.

So, just to be on the safe side I'll stay away from people and quit eating pork - I guess.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I think you're spot on, Karl. Consider the myriad of China-made products that were and continue to be banned or seriously questioned over the last couple of years -- the most recent I've seen reported being the contaminated joint compound which apparently has some sulferous compounds that create acids in combination with water. Prior to that -- toys with toxic materials, pet food, etc.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Remember russia banned imports also from north america too.

join