It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's 2 a.m. and the birds are singing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I was just outside having an over taxed smoke and the birds are singing their hearts out. Weird at 2 a.m. don't you think? I remember reading a thread on this not too long ago. Has anyone else noticed this lately? Earth changes are on us.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Animals behaving strangely is supposed to be a sign of earthquakes, but singing? They are happy - something nice is going to happen for a change!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I noticed this too during the winter, but come spring they seem to be keeping to normal hours. I don't understand it, it doesn't seem to have any pattern to it. It's just odd.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I am in Northern California and they have been here all winter. Even when it got bitter cold they where out singing at 12 1 2 all the way till sunrise. They are still doing it now just not everyday like during the winter. I don't sleep much so I can just lay down and meditate to their song so it isn't so irritating to me

My neighbors on the other hand are ready to shoot the poor things due to their singing in the middle of the night.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I am no ornithologist but from what I remember there are several species of birds which serenade at night, nightingales being one of them.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Nightingale:

It is a migratory insectivorous species breeding in forest and scrub in Europe and south-west Asia. The distribution is more southerly than the very closely related Thrush Nightingale Luscinia luscinia. It nests on the ground within or next to dense bushes. It winters in southern Africa. At least in the Rhineland (Germany), the breeding habitat of nightingales agrees with a number of geographical parameters.[2]

Wikipedia

I live in Texas.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
This has been talked bout countless times on ATS, try searching "Birds singing night"

To save you some time....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

I live in Texas.

Well how the heck am I supposed to know that?

I've been to Texas, Funky Town it isn't.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
yeah i read the other post on this also i find it kinda wierd. as i stated before im not trying to be one of those paranoid people, i think we really lost touch with nature and our natural instincts.

as i stated before its happening not only with birds but bats, bees, and salmon aswell. i remember hearing a story about salmon dissapearing from some place which use to have huge amounts of salmon. i heard many storys on the bee's aswell. also do you guys remember that story on 100+ dolphins lined up on shore in some place? all dead? i dunno just something to think about, dont really remember the conclusion/outcome of that story.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I did not expect you to, was just saying. But now you do. I really appreciated your first comment, but now its on. I used to live in the N.E. and DC or what ever woods you live in just above, aint so great either.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

"Above left and right" refers to not being either a democrat or republican.

And I never said DC was funky, I can assure you that it is not

Now, shall we focus on your Texas bird singing?

How about this guy: Northern Mockingbird

Mockingbird Singing At Night All Night Long

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Yes. Sorry. I know Texas can be pretty lame. Funky Town was supposed to be meant in a bad way. Now I will read. Thnx.

P.S.- the mocking bird is our state bird. They do mock a lot. They are very territorial and will swoop your head in the garden. Even the birds have attitudes down here.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
maybe it is the brightness of the full moon
that is making the birds sing all night

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
yeah, maybe but what about every other thing that's been happening with animals in the last 1-2 years? i dunno i find it weird... i guess time will tell, or wont. =)

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

Yes. Sorry. I know Texas can be pretty lame. Funky Town was supposed to be meant in a bad way. Now I will read. Thnx.

I was only joking anyway. I recently took a road trip in which we traveled extensively through Texas. There are parts of Texas which I love ... but you gots to do something about the deer population, it's crazy out there.

P.S.- the mocking bird is our state bird. They do mock a lot. They are very territorial and will swoop your head in the garden. Even the birds have attitudes down here.

Well so maybe that's it.

Oddly enough the birds started singing outside my window just as I was reading the OP.

[edit on 24 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
i get what the op is saying...im a smoker which means i have smoking habits that i do daily and one of them is staying up till 2-3 every morning and ill have a smoke about every 45 min so...i get used to my boring neighborhood and its sounds...and it noticed it the past couple of weeks and both of my roommates have said somethin about it the past week or so...its new to me

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
In my youth I spent many a tweaker night pondering subjects just like this so it's been happening for decades.
Do you think maybe there's a worm shortage so they are starting earlier and earlier?

new topics

top topics

join