It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gnome and the Flashlight.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
We've had the gnome videos circulating youtube and ATS for months now and in my opinion it looks real yet very improbable. Although the video makes out the little guy as if he's scary I feel that myself personally would of gone up to it. This is not like seeing a yeti or a sea monster, its a gnome...the least scary of all fairy tale critters. I'd probably walk on over to it, see if it says hi and take it home with me.

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is that recently i have found two different versions of this video on the web.

This one:
The normal "Oh My God a Gnome!" video we've all come to love.

But then recently ive seen this one:
The same video except with "Look! i found a flashlight, lets blind the little buggar!"

So i guess my question is;
Where did this second video come from? I seems like the same people, same place and same kind of setting. Yet with extras.
Two videos shot separately? If so, is this proof that its a hoax?
What's everyones opinions?

Also, if you pause it just as they flash the light in the poor little guys face you get a freaky glimpse at his hidden face. Blurry but you can make out his definately gnome-like features.

Not the same video now but here's also the latest gnome video if you all havent seen it yet. Pretty freaky too, however i still firmly stand by my opinion that gnomes are very inprobable and that these videos can be faked so not to jump to conclusions.

-MrGummyPants

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I hope they are real, they'd make a sweet pet!

But Yea, I agree, very improbable.

The second video is fake, for sure, looked like a toy that walks.

To answer your main question, Perhaps the first video is an edited copy?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Is it just me or do the 'gnomes' in all 3 videos show them walking sideways? Is this a common 'gnome' thing to do or is it simply a poorly thought out hoax?

Having said that, my grandmother (who is not usually inclined to be 'fanciful') adamently believes she saw a fairy many years ago, a few times - one of them fluttering above my mothers head while she slept.

Hmmm..

[edit on 22/4/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The general consensus was that the gnomes/videos are fake. There are several threads on these critters. If you search for gnomes you'll find several threads, and in most of them you'll find "fake".

Here is an older Crypto thread.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It's been debunked for a while now on other web sites. Either kids having fun or most likely viral marketing.

I hate the way ad companies are doing all this horrible viral marketing - Like the fallen angel hoax vid that was an ad for Diesel Jeans.

Anyway, sorry. No Gnome-pets for you :-(

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
Is it just me or do the 'gnomes' in all 3 videos show them walking sideways?
[edit on 22/4/2009 by Kryties]

I'd like to think that the Gnome Phenomena is merely a ruse to hide the secret global takeover of the crab people! Don't worry if you run in zig-zag's we will still have time to escape..

Follow me Children!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
That's really funny, I hadn't seen these but I'm guessing it's a toy.

It's probably a toy, one of those dancing santa toys, they usually dance in place for a minute then hobble from side to side, just like this. Dress one of them up as a yard gnome, disable the internal speaker, and have an instant pants-crapping moment for anyone with an irrational fear of yard gnomes.

top topics

join