It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog killed by YOWIE in Northern Territory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

A Territory Yowie researcher believes the Big-Foot-like beast could be responsible for the recent death of a dog south of Darwin. The dog's owners believed their seven-month-old puppy, which had its head ripped from its body, was mauled to death by dingoes.

This is a lead story on the NT news, they found a foot print, that has been proven hoax (by whom, I dont know). There has been a spate of UFO activity in that area recently also. Thought those interested in Yowies would like to read more on this see below for source.

www.ntnews.com.au...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to [zazzafrazzi]

the photo is a hoax
looks like a horse lying/kneeling down

do you live in the territory?

any stories from the local mob?

i have heard stories round victoria way about 'little people' but not in the top end.

but i have heard stories from their media and..... well, you gotta sell papers if you sell papers.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by ivycutler]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The footprint is fake.

It is too thin and too long.

As far as the dog is concerned, anything could have killed it.

Yowies can be violent, but not every strange animal death should be automatically labeled as their doing.

As far as I know there isn't any evidence that Yowies have much of a presence in NT. They prefer dense bushland. I guess it is possible some remain the Kimberly region, but that would be about it.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I don't suppose anyone had the presence of mind to collect the body of the dog and have it tested for say dna, bite marks. handprints, sttretch and ligature marks on the muscles, etc.?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It's the nature of the Northern Territory. A story like this is worth more in tourist (terrorist) dollars than a proper investigation.

My experience of the NT News was that the front page was either a new pub opens, a crocodile attack or a subtle racist story about an indigenous person.

My experience only, no facts involved.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ivycutler

Those are the "facts" that really matter, it helps to put the event into perspective.....thanks for the imput.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

The owners even suspect it was dingo dogs. The United States has similar problems with coyotes eating cats and dogs.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Sounds most likely to have been something else.
I actually don't know much about Yowies, but I know Foofstar does, so I thought I 'd post for those who are in the know to look at
I'm going to read Foofs thread now, to get more insight into Yowies seeings it's one of my naitonal legends

top topics

join