It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automatic Writing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I've been sort of looking around on the net for stuff on Automatic Writing. The whole reason I would like to get into this is because I had a few family members pass a little too early for me and I am doing everything within my being to communicate and or contact them. Any suggestions?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
never tried automatic writing....the thought that "someone" else could be using my body as their tool just doesn't appeal to me.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well, it doesnt seem too appealing to me either. But the thought that it was somebody I have loved and trusted i.e. a family member I would be trying to contact; I wouldnt mind all that much. Thats also why I am trying to find alternative methods as well. As I said before I am willing to try damn near everything short of killing myself to see/talk to them again.

[Edited on 4/22/2004 by MrDurden]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
i haven't tried it 'cause i think its wrong contacting the dead, let the poor buggers rest in peace

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This all boils down to matter of opinion. I have my reasons and thats why I'm trying to find out different methods.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It's a personal belief if you think it's right or wrong. ----You can try getting a psychic reading if you believe in that stuff.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I thought about doing that but I dont really have any connections or way to find a reliable one. I talked to Sylvia Brown's people and she charges $700 for a reading, I am willing to do whatever is in my power however my bank does not share my interest.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Geez... seems I've tried alot of things relating to this forum... oh well.

For me, the automatic writing was more... emotionally attaching than using a ouija board (something I can do with others or by myself); With the board, depending on the type of entity being contacted, I would have a pressure behind my eyes, forcing tears (most extreme).

With automatic writing, however, there isn't a physical sensation, but more of a mental/emotional one... I think it is because you are opening your body more to whatever is receptive. There will be times that, if you contact the same spirit repeatedly, there will no longer be a need for the writing (or board for that matter)... you are already mentally connected, which makes for some interesting conversations

As for the hows of automatic writing, it is similiar to using a ouija board. Use either a rounded point pencil (sharp will snap too quickly) or a gel/roll ball pen. I prefer pens myself... they don't have the tendancy to break when pressed hard or if held at a sharp angle. For first starting out, also use a large sheet of paper... a 8*11 won't work... go with something from a sketch pad; this is because until you learn how to control, or set, the perimeters, you will wander.

Hold the pencil/pen gently, normally, at the center of the paper. Keep your eyes closed, and don't think about your hand/arm moving. Think of nothing, literally. Make your mind a blank, a void. If nothing happens in say, five minutes, then reach out as you would using a ouija board, invite someone in, BUT DEFINE WHAT YOU WANT TO COME IN. It will not help you if you make an open invitation, expecting a child, and recieving a demon!

Eventually, with your eyes still closed (because you don't want to influence the movements), you will feel your arm... change. You can still feel your arm, but it feels weighted. This is when you want to "let go" of your arm... consciously remove it from your body. It is now in control of the spirit... but, once again, restrict it to the arm.

At first, all you may write is a bunch of curvy wavy lines, or sharp zig-zags. Don't worry, both you and the spirit are readjusting. Mentally 'tag' the spirit, thank it for coming, and wish it to return again sometime.

When you do it again, you may get a word or two, looking as if a child wrote it... or you may get a picture. I think the drawings are cool! Anyway, the words will be connected, written in script, but there won't be spaces... just one continuous line.

Eventually, when using the same spirit, the writing will get better and clearer. This is when you will note that there are different penmenships, indicating different spirits. At this point, your mind is experienced enough for this sort of thing, and is exceptable to keep your eyes open.

Hope this helps!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
MrDurden, have you tried just concentrating on the person whom you want to be in contact with before going falling asleep? You might dream of that person and get the answers you seek. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Heres some links to a few..
Pretty easy to follow,

Theres quite a few links on this page
from How to Practice Automatic Writing to
Healing from Within: Automatic Writing

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Mr Durden...

Holy crap, good job my friend. (On the name and avatar). Fight Club is quite a movie my friend.

But on topic...automatic writing....well I never really agreed that "a spirit" could inhabit your body and write for you, thats grade A lame in my book.

But I do write in my sleep. I was in Geography watching a movie about...uhhh...I don't remember (I was asleep!) and once I woke up my friend was like, "Dude, look what you did..." I looked at my paper and I had written one of the coolest lines ever in my book and my friend said I just said "give me a pen," i wrote it, and then dropped the pen and fell back asleep.

so is that kinda like automatic writing???

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
and I got a picture that made ABSOLUTELY no sense...I couldnt even make it look like something....

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Any results yet? Anything mentioned here help you, or give ideas?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Sorry, but I simply don't see the difference. Try channeling and then writing your experience...let us know what happens.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
EEP! I don't think the idea of letting a spirit control you, is a good idea at all! Bloody hell, wat if u let ina spirit that was intent on harming you...
!!!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Soothsayer -

Thanx for the info, I'll give it a try. I also went to About.com and they had some interesting stuff on the subject but it was more of an overview than anything. A few stories from people who I guess I had some success at this. I've been to all the major book stores and it seems hardly anybody carries a book on the subject either. That sorta pissed me off. Oh well, I'll give this stuff some time and see what I come up with. Thanx all!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I've read about this method, but have never done it... it involves a group (2 or more).

All it is, is like using a ouija board...

A pencil or pen is inside a (what the hell is it called...) pointer thingy, just like a ouija... the pencil point touches the paper, but is held in place by this thingy, which is large enough for various fingers to be placed on it...

I would assume this would have more 'control' over the types of spirits contacted, since there is more of a protective circle of minds.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
i agree with soothsayers technique. i do this but never invite i just allow and reject that that feels bad its deffinatly an emotional thing. it always helps me to clear my mind and concentrate softly on what it is i want, and allow the words to form in my head and then write them. then afterwards i read it back and pick out the stuff that doesn�t sound like me. most of the automatic writing i have experienced has been after mantra.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Use of Ouija boards and automatic writing is not smart. Automatic writing is only making yourself vulnerable to possesion. You may come across serious misfortune. My advice is to not worry about your dead family members, they've lived their lives; let them rest in peace.

[edit on 808/19/0505 by Acekwak]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This has happen to me to. I to lost a family member. and yes it does suk, but to me, it seems like you are just desperate.
I at one time wanted to do something like this. I have a friend who is pyshic. I worked with this women and she was like, " you want to contact your grandama" I looked at her like she was crazy. Thats when I kinda first met her, then I told her NO. My grandama was against this kinda stuff, she would of rolled over in her grave, kicked my butt.
Now when my husband died, I was really desperate. He was taken way to soon. I still wont let this woman do anything for me because before he had died she told me that he was not going to be a part of our little girls life, It never entered my mind that he was going to die but I feel she knew and didnt tell me. I have a grudge now toward her.because I keep thinking if she would have told me then I could have maybe saved him.
So if I was you I would just let it go. It was their time to go.theres nothing you can do to bring them back.
But if you insist on trying to contact them, find a good pyshic. one you can trust. sorry for your loss.
also, taking your own life is not going to solve anything either. you still will not find the answer. dont take what cha cant give back.

<<   2 >>

join