It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thieves stealing quarters from Virginia car wash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I got an email on this today, and verified it on Snopes. This is one of the funniest emails I've read in awhile.

Bill is the owner of a company that manufactures and installs car wash systems. Bill installed one of these systems in in Frederick, MD. The issue arose when the buyer complained he was losing significant amounts of money each day. He even accused Bill and his employees of ripping him off.

Naturally, Bill proceeded towards investigating the issue. He decided to mount a video camera to see who exactly is stealing all the coins. Imagine his surprise when he saw several birds carrying all the coins in their nest. After following the birds, he discovered its quarters on the top of a car wash and more in a tree, an estimated amount of $4,000.
Phil muses, "So many questions, who is giving them peanuts, is this based off Josh's work or the other way around, a fake?"

www.twine.com...

Here's the Snopes link with pictures.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Wow, from your headline, I never would have imagined who the thieves might be. amazing. I think I'll look into raising myself a brood of these "robin hoods"..

ok , so they are starlings..Robin sounded funnier.

join