It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
1.) Hubris

IE: redemption malady

Personal Reflection: One completes unselfish acts merely for the sensation one receives from the societal reaction of that act. In order for these acts to be truly unselfish, one must have naturally magnanimous intentions.

en.wikipedia.org...

2.) Improvidence

IE: conflict

Personal Reflection: The basic disregard for past lives, present lives, or future lives through conflict. Trivial dispute sustained through supplementary divergence in forthcoming generations.

dictionary.reference.com...

3.) Fallacy

IE: erroneous principles

Personal Reflection: the intentional or unintentional false credence one bestows upon others resulting in the exploitation of others for personal attainment.

4.) Consternation

IE: obsessive chauvinism

Personal Reflection: when one’s individual tenets are at risk one becomes irrational and obstinate.

5.) Covetousness

IE: resentment

Personal Reflection: one’s aspiration to be superior to others, in a materialistic manner or otherwise.

These are the innate human failings, incontrovertible and at times involuntary, detest if you must, but deep within you identify with the flaws stated above, know all I ask is you recognize and challenge yourself to disallow these feelings.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
or many others use what you state to controll the ones who wish to egnore them.

that is the problem we see here not what is stated above.. tho i will admit its a good topic for self relfection.

star and flag just becuase i can

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
why thankyou, we are seeing a sharp disinterest in economics and a increase in human connection with spirituality, we must look at the human race as one giant organism, connected through ways unexplained. This mental mood will change, and repeat itself over and over.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
We are currently incapable of attaining the unity of a hivemind. Thus, we, as a species, will likely continue to attack and winnow our numbers down, until we reach the critical threshhold of sustainability.

It's okay. Perhaps it's right, in the end. Perhaps we were never meant to be the true and ongoing dominant species. After all, we have our dreams, and our folklore. We have beliefs to sustain us and things to hold onto, even as we float down the rivers, out to sea.

I hope that which follows us has a higher regard for the system as a whole. Not just the planet, but the whole Unisphere.

Dare I laugh? You betcha! Humor heals.

join