It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dare I ask about Amero now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
ATS mentioned China getting Amero shipment months ago. Mexico is under unusual cartel siege at the same time. And our economic crisis makes us more vulnerable than we've been in decades. At least there's no natural or manmade disaster that pushes insurance companies to limits (heart goes out to those in Fargo but I don't think that's part of a sinister master plan - could be wrong though). What would push BofA and Citibank into instability? There's a question.

Anyway, what do you think? Is this possibly the set up for the Amero or something else - if that really is a myth?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

news re UN discussing replacing dollar

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
and news about situation in Mexico and Secretary of State H. Clinton's visit

That could raise hackles among some Mexicans, who take umbrage at recent assertions by American analysts that drug-related violence has so destabilized Mexico that it is danger of becoming a failed state.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
BofA and Citi are unstable, the only thing that is keeping them up is the money being shoveled out the back door of AIG to them.

If we didn't bail them out they would be non-existent.

Honestly, I don't know what good a new currency is going to accomplish, almost every developed country is on the verge of collapse and switching money is just asking to complete that collapse.

There is no capital to back the currency, not only that but it would I believe it would be fiat, and there really isn't any confidence to uphold another fiat currency.

To introduce a new currency it would need the confidence of the people and I believe that most people would not support a new currency, the governments might say otherwise but on the citizen level I really don't know anybody that would support it. It could have major unintended consequences.

Just look at the Euro though it took them years to get the countries they have now to adopt it and then all of Europe still hasn't switched to the Euro. Just because the government shoves something down our throats doesn't mean people will go along with it. And in the case of a currency they will need lots of people to back it.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I just read an article today, and I apologize for not knowing where, where a high ranking fed stated that this is not in the cards for anytime soon. Maybe way off. Maybe seven or eight years. China has all this spare cash, and there is no where to put it but in US Treasuries. It is the safest, even if it is not that safe for now. There is not enough gold, or silver. They were buying up uranium, copper, oil, iron and a bunch of other commodities, but recently cut that off. Not sure about uranium. It is affecting Australia pretty bad, because they had a windfall of cash coming in, and it disappeared. Other countries sometimes use the US Dollar as their own currency, thereby eliminating any exchange rate problems with exports. Won't happen until the world 'fuerer' comes up with a one world currency. And that will eventually happen.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
there is a post on here that contains a video from youtube
the title of it is .... Urgent Fema Update with time line part I and II.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
On CNBC yesterday they were talking about the SDR which is traded under XDR which is supposedly what China is pushing for as a universal currency. But etrade doesn't trade it and I'm not even sure I understand what it is. Is it really a currency or just a name for a global currency suggestion? It's on FOREX - but flat line.

join