It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic Mutation and Mental Anomolies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The majority of my family has some form of mental anomoly. My question is, is it possible that the assumed increase in mental anomolies in the world is a result of a genetic mutation that is starting to show (a super-recessive trait?) or have we just come to better understand ourselves and so we identify these differences more?

What causes genius syndrome? Is it purely genetic? Is it a mutation? Is it evolution jumping ahead? What?

Is the human species beginning to divide into higher-lower subspecies organization by creating positive and negative strings of mental anomolies?

Is this caused by our species understanding how our brains develoup and riding or develoupmental ups and downs to our advantages?

This is all just my speculation. I would like to hear your opinions.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think that this is a huge can of worms.

I have found that the medical community is going all out diagnosing problems or conditions just to make excuses to pander to the pharmaceutical companies and dole out their petrochemical snake-oil.

Also, what they call anomalies may not necessarily be 'anomalies'. Most of the planet is now affected by the toxic effluence of the industrial sector. PCBs are rampant, for example, and we KNOW now (as we KNEW then) that these are mutanogenic factors. We are seeing more than just mankind displaying the effects of these toxins all over the planet.

I fear this is largely not evolutionary at all. Just a physical reaction to a unnatural stimulus. Of course, this is a generalization. And genius, as some call it, may be explained by more than physiology, if one is inclined to consider non-materialistic factors.

Just my opinion, of course.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I found this article, ( www.googobits.com... ) that says that, "although no scientific evidence has yet to prove a link between autism and vaccinations," "Before 1980, autism was diagnosed in just one out of every 10,000 children. Twenty five years later, the National Institute of Health reported that autism disorders affect one in every 250 children, and that number is estimated to increase 10% every year". So my point is, based on that example, that your "increase in mental anomalies in the world" can be attributed to policies implemented on populations, where they are required to be subjeted to physical things. As well as maxmars' suggestion of environmental toxins. Scary, scary stuff.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
That's the way mutations occur. They are stimulated by the need for change. Sometimes it works quickly, sometimes not so much so. But evolution is Nature's demonstration/proof that necessity is the mother of invention. We're due for some upgrading. I don't think any of us is particularly impressed by what we are currently. Let's hope Nature sees fit to save us from extinction.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Oh we are SO DUE for some upgrading. If mankind's warmongering mentality doesn't start to fizzle away quick, humans will cull themselves off the planet with nukes. I -often- wonder if all the money that has gone into Iraq and Afghanistan alone, was -instead- put into alterate energy, health solutions, space exploration, where we'd be. When I was a little kid watching 'the Jetsons', I would NOT believe at that time, if you told me that in the year 2010, we're STILL so --very far-- from realizing that knd of life.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think that our access to increasing amounts of information is bringing about some pretty big mental changes in us.

I don't think it's just us though... I think it's everything. The total information available in the universe is increasing exponentially and we're all connected to that. If I'm right, not only are humans evolving faster, but animals are as well (all consciousness).

join