It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostrodamus' Lost Book, an image of hope?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So, this is my first post but I have been visiting ATS for some time now. It’s a relief to find out there’s more people out there that are willing to think outside of the box. I stumbled onto one of the NWO threads awhile back and was instantly ‘hooked.’ I couldn’t get enough information. I couldn’t stop myself form reading all of the theories about the End of the World, 2012, and the NWO/Illuminati. It really required me to start to think of things on a different level.

However, as I continued to read more and more, I started to get that sick feeling the pit of my stomach. Is there really nothing we can do to stop this? There’s no way that gov’ts and the people in power could be that sadistic. But, they are.

All the doomsdays prophecies from the Mayans, the Hopi Indians, Nostrodamus, and the Bible have these scenarios all mapped out on ’how it will go down.’ One side has theories that deal with things that are simply out of our control, environmental disasters, asteroids, etc. Others say that man’s demise will be our own making.

I tend to lean towards latter, since I feel that we choose what happens. There was a special the lost book of Nostrodamus the other night. This book was found in the National Library of Rome in 1994. It dates back to the 1600s and the images are credited to Nostrodamus.

There’s one image in particular that I find most intriguing is this one. It shows a man holding an open book. I’ve heard some say that this is showing that life will start over after 2012, like opening a new book.

picasaweb.google.com...

I got a different feeling from the picture.

In the universe, every choice/decision/scenario has an infinite number of possible outcomes. Everything that has already happened had an infinite number ways of occurring but we only see one outcome, the one that played out in our reality. Just as everything that will happen has an infinite number of ways to end up at an infinite number of outcomes. There are outcomes that have a higher probability of occurring and some have a lower probability of occuring, but nonetheless every scenario or outcome has the possibility of occurring.

Is Nostrodamus showing us the start of new beginning for a new post-human era/civilization? In my opinion, no. I think that Nostrodamus’ book shows us the events that have a higher probability of playing out, as a warning for us to change our ways. Kind of like, “Well this is the road you’re on and here’s where it’s leading…death, destruction, etc.” The open book image is one of hope. That we can still ‘right the ship.’ Nothing is written in stone and we have the ability to change the future by acting in the present. Our future is unwritten.

But if we’re able to draw more and more similarities to his images and current events, then we’re still heading down the wrong road.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I agree that a book with nothing written in it probably symbolizes that the future is not set in stone and we have the freedom of choice, what about the other symbols in the picture? And why do you think this page is supposed to represent 2012?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well... Hope is the motivating factor in the writing of my (FREE) book. I saw a way we could turn it all around - but we have to act soon, and in order for it to work, it has to reach the tipping point.

In other words, enough people have to be aware of the ideas such that the effort takes on a life of its own.

And to that end, I post about it copiously.

(Intro and book linked in my sig.)

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

don't really remember what the program said of the other symbols in the picture, and i'm not sure that the page represents 2012, but the program was on history channel during their armageddon week, and the historians interviewed mentioned some of the possible events that happen in 2012 and their connection to Nostrodamus's book. some of the connections are pretty far reaching though.

top topics

join